• Show
Clear All
  • oohhmm
    Forum Newbie
    • May 2010
    • SF Bay Area
    • BT3000

Craigslist Saws

I live in the SF Bay Area. I have bought 8 BT3XXX's over the last 8 months. 5 are in use. 3 by me, my original BT3000 purchased in 1998, a BT3100 used in my "back" property for improvements I'm doing and 1 I bought and converted to a 12" blade for milling. Aside from my first, I've paid on average $150 for a complete "original" saw.

The thing to note about the saws I've bought is that they are mostly what I will call "gentleman's saws". My theory is that the BT appealed to many SF Bay residents as a cabinet saw with a low price point. Being we are high tech ground zero, the precision (and marketing thereof) was a draw for many wannabe wood workers here.

These "gentleman's saws" have seen very little use. Maybe one or two attempts at a project, then put away.... Now the owners want to get rid of them. I've bought saws (4) that have the original blade that has no marring to the Ryobi name on the blade. I can look at them and see it hasn't been used!

I've bought only 1 that I thought was really used, why? The paint had worn off the throat plate from red, down to silver. It cost me $50....

Here's my point. If you are looking for parts, or a complete saw, go to craigslist, look in SF Bay Area, search on Ryobi (it works best for me) sort through AND if you find a saw that works for you, email me through this site and if I can help you get what you need, I will!

I can ship easily from my office via UPS (ground) and I can see what you are getting B4 it ships. I'm not looking to make money on this, but would rather help keep the BT3 legacy alive...
Working...