• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 10sCoachRick
    Established Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Austin, TX

Central Texas--Ridgid 2400 LS for sale/trade

Ladies and Gentlemen! I've been away for a while...no good excuse except the discussion of a knee replacement before Christmas(on PERMANENT hold, I hope ). Below is the text of the ad I placed on Texas Gun Talk since I seem to be 'working' more with handguns than woodworking tools. To wit...
    Before I put this on Craigs', I thought I should see about trading for a handgun of comparable value. The saw is likely worth ~$300. I'd probably sell closer to $250 but would be interested in a trade for a 'target' 22lr pistol(had a P22, thinking more along the Buck Mark lines or similar), possibly a 9mm since I carry a G26 and PM9.

Of course, I'm typing 'spur of the moment' and don't have actual pics; but, here's the model I have:
    Browse RIDGID power tools for a wide variety of cordless options, tile saws, bench and stationary tools and more.

and a review of my 'updated' model(orange):
    The RIDGID TS2400LS portable 10 inch table saw comes with a two wheel work stand. It has a 4000 rpm direct drive universal motor by TechTronic Industries Company Limited.

Saw is <5 years old and has seen about ONE project a year during that time.

Please drop me a line if you are interested. I'm in north-north Austin but could travel a bit, if necessary.

I'm gonna bump this since the info is still current. I just completed another small woodworking project using my miter saw and Kreg kit but NOT my Ridgid portable table saw! It's still in storage in the garage--feeling lonely.

Selling price is $250(See below...lowered to $200) and will include the used original blade and a much less used decent quality replacement blade. IF we were to talk a trade, I'd possibly be interested in another 22lr pistol/revolver or 9mm semi worth a comparable amount($250-300)

Thanks, y'all!
    Please contact me through the site or 10sCoachRick@gmail.com
    Last edited by 10sCoachRick; 10-12-2012, 05:41 PM. Reason: Added links, I hope
  • 10sCoachRick
    Established Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Austin, TX

Is it fair to bump a thread this old?

As mentioned in another thread, I've not used this saw since the first post! I've moved it and de-dusted it, but it hasn't seen any action.

As such, I shall lower the price to $200 and would still entertain any handgun trade possibilities. Thanks, y'all!

Comment

• Dal300
      Banned
      • Aug 2011
      • East Central Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Not to burst your bubble, and I'm not trying to downgrade your saw, but it's probably only worth about $100.

I really had to think long and hard about posting this, but your saw has been around since at least 2002, was only $449 at the top of it's run and they usually got a discount.

It's got a small table and a universal direct drive motor, (I think).

Good luck with selling it, but I think you need to re-evaluate.

Comment

• 10sCoachRick
        Established Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Austin, TX

Originally posted by Dal300
        Not to burst your bubble, and I'm not trying to downgrade your saw, but it's probably only worth about $100.

I really had to think long and hard about posting this, but your saw has been around since at least 2002, was only $449 at the top of it's run and they usually got a discount.

It's got a small table and a universal direct drive motor, (I think).

Good luck with selling it, but I think you need to re-evaluate.
        Thanks for the feedback, neighbor. I thought(still think) the saw is a darned good portable with features similar to DeWalt, Bosch, Makita and others selling for over $500. Yep, I paid $449-10% in ''07 and , as mentioned, averaged maybe 1 project per year. I wouldn't call it pristine, but it sure doesn't look like it's seen much action. If someone had offered this for $200 when I was looking, I would have been all over it...one of the best folding TSUV stands I've seen.

Thanks again for your input...I reckon BT3 might not be the most receptive Ridgid audience; so Craig's, here I come .

Comment

• Dal300
          Banned
          • Aug 2011
          • East Central Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

Don't get me wrong, some of my friends have Rdgid table saws.

I really like my BT3100 but am eyeing my bosses Emerson built Craftsman cabinet saw with a 2 HP motor, Beismeyer fence and Incra miter gauge. It's had 3 hours of use since new and sits in his air conditioned shop under a cover.
          He will sell it to me for $125 just to clear out his shop.

He's a metal working hobbyist and only used it to cut 2X4's for spacers on a project he had many years ago. It still has the original C-man combo blade on it.
          He got the fence and the miter gauges from his daughter as presents and I doubt they've ever been set up.

Comment

• 10sCoachRick
            Established Member
            • Jan 2007
            • Austin, TX

Originally posted by Dal300
            Don't get me wrong, some of my friends have Rdgid table saws.

I really like my BT3100 but am eyeing my bosses Emerson built Craftsman cabinet saw with a 2 HP motor, Beismeyer fence and Incra miter gauge. It's had 3 hours of use since new and sits in his air conditioned shop under a cover.
            He will sell it to me for $125 just to clear out his shop.

He's a metal working hobbyist and only used it to cut 2X4's for spacers on a project he had many years ago. It still has the original C-man combo blade on it.
            He got the fence and the miter gauges from his daughter as presents and I doubt they've ever been set up.
            Well done! I wish I had the projects(or talent) to take advantage of such a set-up. On the other end of the spectrum, my then 84 year-old neighbor in Atlanta was using his DAD's saw(his dad used it for at least 30 years) when we moved away. He built every cabinet in his house back in the late '50s with that saw and was still using it in 2008. Belt drive, no guard, used an 8" blade I believe! When I showed him my spankin' new Ridgid, he just shook his head at all the gee-gaws .

Comment

Working...