X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bongbong
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2011

It's raining BT's!

I think I may have a problem. It all started when I broke the belts on my first BT3000. Saw a CL ad and picked up a neglected BT for a little less than the cost of new belts and shipping. Then started reading the "frankensaw" posts and decided I need to have two working saws. A CL ad yielded another (my 3rd) cheap saw with dead motor, and as Jah is my witness, the very next day someone had put a BT3100 on the street! (The distinctive dust port made it recognizable while driving by at 35mph while pretending to listen to my wife.) I grabbed the rails and accessory table off that one, continued home to get tools, went back 15 minutes later to discover someone else had already snatched it up. (Jah gives, but he also take away, mon.) So at this point I have the following parts available for sale:

-2 sets of rails--1 black set off BT3100, 1 silver set off BT3000
    -2 accessory tables--the coating on the BT3100 version is mostly peeling off
    -2 smt's, both BT3000 versions
    -1 fence
    -1 oem throat plate
    -any other random part (e.g. dust cover) you may need off a BT3000, except belts or motor

I don't really know how to price these things--maybe 30-40% of new replacement costs? I would describe most items using words like "well-used" and "dusty"; all appear to be operable hunks of aluminum, though. If interested please send a pm and offer price--I will give bro deals because I got these cheap and everyone's helpful and collegial on this site. Finally, I live in Hawaii, so you would have to pay for USPS shipping, which shouldn't be too much. Pretty sure rails, for example, can be packaged up and shipped. Thanks!
  • gsmittle
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2004
    • St. Louis, MO, USA.
    • BT 3100

Sounds like you DO have a problem. How about I come to Hawaii and pick up one of your extras? I might be your house guest for a couple of months, though. The good news is I don't eat much.

Anyway, congrats on the good finds!

g.
    Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
    Bill & Ted

Comment

• pelligrini
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • Fort Worth, TX
      • Craftsman 21829

Lots of parts. Check the older posts in here for going prices. Most are usually less than 50% of a new part.

There have been a couple of smt bases turned into miter slot tables. That might be a pretty good use for one.
      Erik

Comment

Working...