X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kmburdette
    Handtools only
    • May 2011

Do you need a part for BT3100?

The motor died on my BT3100 this past weekend. It is disappointing to find that a replacement motor is $200+. I can't justify that expense no matter how pleased I've been with my saw the past 5-6 years.

I'd like to try to offset the cost of a new saw by selling any of the parts from my BT3100 that anyone needs. Could be a chance for me to improve the WAF of a new saw and a chance for someone to get a needed part or a spare for substantial savings over new. The sliding miter assembly alone costs $161 new; fence is $89; rear rail is $40; front rail is $53, etc etc.

I believe the only things wrong with anything on the saw, besides normal wear, is that the blade guard has a crack on one side, and the handle on one of the locking clamps on the miter assembly is partially broken off.

I also have the accessory kit that came with the saw when I bought it - all the parts for the router assembly, etc. I don't even remember what all of it is, some of it hasn't been out of the box and is still like brand new.
  • Daz
    Forum Newbie
    • Aug 2010
    • California
    • Ryobi BT3000

Sorry to hear about your motor, $200 for a new one is a bit steep especially when you can get a good used BT3X for around the same price...too bad.

But I guess it's lucky for us!

Where are you located?

Comment

• reddog552
      Established Member
      • Dec 2006
      • Belleville Il.
      • Bt3000

Fence

What do U want for the fence?
      The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low cost is forgotten!

Comment

• gravelybob
        Forum Newbie
        • Mar 2005
        • Camden, Ohio, USA.

I need blade wrenches

Comment

• kmburdette
          Handtools only
          • May 2011

Originally posted by Daz
          Sorry to hear about your motor, $200 for a new one is a bit steep especially when you can get a good used BT3X for around the same price...too bad.

But I guess it's lucky for us!

Where are you located?

Apologies for late reply. I'm in Little Rock.

Originally posted by reddog552
          What do U want for the fence?

Looks like a new replacement fence is $88.

I don't know what's fair - $30 plus shipping?

Originally posted by gravelybob
          I need blade wrenches
          I believe I have the two blade wrenches. But the two of them new is only around $7. I don't know if it would be worth it for either one of us for me to even ship them.
          Last edited by Black wallnut; 06-21-2011, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• mako20ft
            Forum Newbie
            • Jun 2009

Package

Would you be willing to ship the fence, router accessories and (dreaming here) if you have either the infeed or outfeed table accessories? This would go to 02871 in RI. I understand I'll be on the hook for shipping charges.

I've breathed new life into the motor with a rewind and could really use the other stuff.

Please shoot me a PM or an email to mako20ft@msn.com as I'm not on here all that often anymore.

Many thanks,

Dutch

Comment

Working...