X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kaetamer
    Forum Newbie
    • Nov 2008

Need help on selling BT3000

Just upgraded my TS setup and after many years of faithful service I'm selling my BT3000. It is used but well maintained, has all the original parts, manual, stand, tables, SMT, has two miter slot tables, a ZCTP, extended rails to 71 3/4" (needed ~48 ripping capacity).

Not sure what to ask for it. I've seen the Craigslist ads but I wonder if any of those saws actually sell for the asking price.

Not interested in making a killing, just a fair price for a great saw.

Thanks for your help.

Scott
  • woodinville guy
    Established Member
    • Sep 2003
    • Cedar Park, TX

I sold mine for $250 and it sold pretty quick. I would probably keep it under $300. most pictures of saws on CL look extremely well used. I found that the person that bought mine had no clue how to use a tablesaw so I would be wary of letting someone do a test cut. I did a test cut for them.
    - Dave

Comment

• jdon
      Established Member
      • Feb 2010
      • Snoqualmie, Wash.
      • BT3100

FWIW, I bought a little used BT3100 ~1 1/2 years ago, with the accessories (router fence, ZCTP, etc) included at the HD closeout. IIRC, I paid $175, which I consider a good deal, but not a steal.

I think $200-250 is a reasonable asking price. Some things to consider:

1) Accessories which you consider valuable a buyer can regard as superfluous, and vice versa. Actually, that notion applies to the whole BT3K world- there are those outside the "brotherhood"- if you will- that don't appreciate its attributes at all.

2) How much is your time worth, in responding to email, arranging meeting times, haggling, etc.? Some enjoy the process, apparently; I for one don't. The lower the price, the less time you need to devote to the process.

3) All you need is one buyer. Good luck.

Comment

• toolguy1000
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2009
        • westchester cnty, ny

Originally posted by jdon
        .....there are those outside the "brotherhood"- if you will- that don't appreciate its attributes at all....
        so that's why, as a ridgid TS owner, i never quite "got" the fascination with the BT3XXX. i'm not part of the "brotherhood". glad i got that cleared up!
        there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...