• Show
Clear All
  • richclemson
    Forum Newbie
    • Jul 2009
    • Madison, WI
    • BT3000

WTB BT3100 or newer BT3000 Motor

Hey I'm looking for a BT3100 motor so I can upgrade my BT3000. I have the old version of the BT3000 with the brush access on the back of the motor instead of the round brush caps. I have brushes that are half worn, and more importantly, the height screw has stripped out the aluminum casting on the outside of the motor. The part is obsolete...so I'm trying to upgrade.

I'd really like to get a newer motor so I can install the spring shims as discussed in other areas of this forum.

Any help? Thanks.

Rich

richalow@yahoo.com
  • docrowan
    • Mar 2007
    • New Albany, MS
    • BT3100

Rich,

Sad to say, but the motor is the most critical and expensive part of the highly modular BT system. I would think you would do better to set your sights on a complete new (to you) saw and part out the components on your old saw. Depending on current supply and demand, the condition of your old components, you could come out money ahead if you're patient.

One of the other members, Lchien, has a couple of documents you will be interested in. First is a frequently asked questions, the other is a what to look for in a used BT3x00 saw.

Lchien is very good about welcoming new members, I feel sure he'll post to your thread soon.

By the way, welcome to the site!
    - Chris.

Comment

• richclemson
      Forum Newbie
      • Jul 2009
      • Madison, WI
      • BT3000

Thanks

Thanks Chris, I've considered that route too. I bought the saw used for about 125, made it through my first project and than discovered the problems. Wish I would have checked out his how to buy a used saw guide, great article. I had no idea what I stumbled into. I've seen a few around for sale, and might take your suggested patient route.

I appreciate your feedback.

Comment

• conwaygolfer
        Established Member
        • Jun 2008
        • Conway, SC.
        • BT3000

Have you checked with Ebay? I picked up a nice used motor from there simply as a back up in case I ever need it. The cost was about $35.00 with reasonable shipping.

If you are going to be patient, you will find what you are looking for.

Thanks,
        Glenn

Comment

• richclemson
          Forum Newbie
          • Jul 2009
          • Madison, WI
          • BT3000

Thanks, been watching and will keep my eye out for a decent priced used motor. I hope to find a 3100.....

Comment

Working...