Clear All
  • Knottscott
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Rochester, NY.
    • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Stanley Bailey Handplanes - #3 and #5

SOLD......

Here's the scoop. 30 years ago I bought my wife a blue star sapphire ring when we were dating. The stone has come off, the band is wearing thin, and is all bent up. I thought it's finally time to replace that ring with a real sapphire on a nicer setting, that I'll probably give to her for Valentine's Day. Selling these planes will help cover the cost of the ring, and she'll a appreciate the gesture.

I'm not an expert on these things, but I think they're around Type 16 or 17. Both are in excellent condition and work great. I also believe both have rosewood handles. I bought them as a set and would really prefer to keep them together. $65 for both, plus actual s/h. If that's not a fair price, would someone who's knowledgeable in such things let me know what is?

PM me if interested.
    Last edited by Knottscott; 01-20-2009, 08:43 PM.
    Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.
  • MikeMcCoy
    • Nov 2004
    • Moncks Corner, SC, USA.
    • Delta Contractor Saw

I sent you a PM because your price is too low and I'll take them if available at my offer.

Comment

• Knottscott
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2004
      • Rochester, NY.
      • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Sold

Sold to the real McCoy....a very generous fellow!
      Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

Working...