X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StumperTX
    Handtools only
    • Sep 2008

In need of BT3000 rip fence

Hey guys -- new to the forum, but reading it was one of the reasons why I picked up a BT3000 in the first place.

I picked up a used bt3000 the other day, and it seems to be it really good condition, except for one thing -- the rip fence doesn't clamp.

does anyone have an extra fence? the stock one would be fine
  • pelligrini
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

You might be able to fix the one you have. There are a bunch of threads in the BT specific forum.

I think I saw a fence on ebay a couple days ago. Remember, many parts from the Ryobi 3000, 3100, Craftsman 21829 and the 22811 are interchangeable.

Having a second fence can come in handy, especially if you use the BT for a router table too.
    Erik

Comment

• docrowan
      • Mar 2007
      • New Albany, MS
      • BT3100

Stumper,

Welcome to the forum!

Why won't the rip fence clamp? Broken parts or just loose? This is probably a fixable problem for much less than the cost of a used rip fence.
      - Chris.

Comment

• StumperTX
        Handtools only
        • Sep 2008

Thanks for all your help guys... here's some more detail.

I believe I have it installed correctly (hooked onto the groove on the back rail, all screws tight, no gaps between the plastic end pieces and the metal guide). I know that it's missing part 24, the pin piece for the clamp, and likely 21 as well. It's possible I'm missing both 16 and 17 pieces as well, I haven't checked those yet.

thanks

Comment

• arcas
          Forum Newbie
          • Apr 2006
          • Central Kentucky
          • BT3100

Sounds like the fence is fixable. If you can't get replacement parts from Ryobi, you could check Sears. The Craftsman 21829 is essentially a modified BT3100 so the fence might be the same. If so, you might be able to order the replacement parts from Sears for less than the cost of another fence.

YMMV, though. Last weekend I priced a set of 21829 rails to go on my BT3100 and they wanted $80. Granted the rails are a little longer than those that come with the BT3100 (which is why I was looking at them) but in this case it's cheaper to just wait until a set of rails shows up on this forum or to buy a wide table kit online ($75).

Comment

• shoottx
            Veteran Member
            • May 2008
            • Plano, Texas
            • BT3000

There are a couple other sources for parts.

M & D http://www.m-and-d.com/

Mowtown http://www.mowtownusa.com/48.html?sm=38545

Gardner Distributing 877-545-4099

Best of lucK
            Often in error - Never in doubt

Mike

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
              The Full Monte
              • May 2007
              • Sunshine State
              • BT3000

Also, as you are checking Sears for parts, look at both of their saws, as the identical part may be shown with two different part numbers, and two much different prices!

Comment

• Burg53
                Forum Newbie
                • Nov 2003
                • Hillsdale, NJ, USA.

Stumpertx - I think I can help you out here. You said you need part 24 and probably part 21. Are you missing part 21? You also mentioned part 16 and 17. The fence has two of each of these. Do you need one or both of these as well?

Les

Comment

Working...