• Show
Clear All
  • ExYankee
    Established Member
    • Mar 2005
    • Pleasant View, Tn.
    • BT3100-frankensaw

Flyfishing and Flytying Gear will Swap for Quality Hand Tools

I have a large stock of freshwater fly gear 3~9 wt rods, several reels, gizmos,vests etc. and a ton several large tubs of flytying gear. "Back in the day" I was a professional guide in Alaska and a commercial tier with my own shop.

But its been since 98' since I have used them, and each spring comes and goes and they are still in the shed.

I would like to find some nubbie flyfisher that could used some quality gear, Orvis, Loomis etc. and rather han Craiglist of Ebay them I would enjoy swapping them out for good old handplanes and squares, scribes etc. I need to work on my non-powered wood skills. OR a nice old engine lathe.

This is a just a stab to see if anyone is interested. If so I could go inventory it,
    John Dyer
    ExYankee Workshop...

I think history would have been very much different if Leonardi DiVinci had a belt sander.
  • linear
    • May 2004
    • DeSoto, KS, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3100

I'll bite (sorry couldn't resist).

I have a surplus of old Stanley planes right this moment. I could easily let go a #4, #5 and a block plane, enough to handle most situations.

I'd be interested in kind of minimal setups for me and my 9-year-old son. He's very interested, and I'm definitely newbie material.
    --Rob

sigpic

Comment

• Stan
      • Mar 2004
      • Kalispell, MT, USA.
      • BT3100, Delta 36-717

I'll go through my planes to see what I have as spares, what do you have in a 4-5 weight?
      From the NW corner of Montana.
      http://www.elksigndesigns.com

Comment

• ExYankee
        Established Member
        • Mar 2005
        • Pleasant View, Tn.
        • BT3100-frankensaw

Ok I will go out and make an inventory, it might take a bit then we can haggle
        Thanks

JWD
        John Dyer
        ExYankee Workshop...

I think history would have been very much different if Leonardi DiVinci had a belt sander.

Comment

Working...