• Show
Clear All
  • Whaler
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Sequim, WA, USA.
    • DW746

The Shop Has To Go

Due to health problems I am moving to a 1 bedroom apartment. No room for a shop.

Ryobi BT3000 converted to BT31 shims, on mobile base.
    Jet JDP-17MF Drill Press on mobile base
    Jet JWBS-14CS Band Saw on mobile base, asst Timberwolf blades
    Jet 1014 Mini Lathe w/ bed extension and tools
    DeWalt DW733 Thickness Planer
    Delta 37-070 Jointer

Many hand power tools: Makita, DeWalt, Porter Cable, Bosch. To many to list.

Everything is in excellent condition.

All must go. Contact me at 206-499-7151 with an offer.

Dick
    Last edited by Whaler; 05-25-2007, 12:07 PM.
    Dick

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/
  • gad5264
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2005
    • Columbus, Ohio, USA
    • BT3000/BT3100NIB

Dick,
    I am sorry to hear of your health problems. You take care of yourself.
    Grant
    "GO Buckeyes"

My projects: http://community.webshots.com/user/gad5264

Comment

• cgallery
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2004
      • Milwaukee, WI
      • BT3K

Just a reminder that you are not required to have a shop to post here. So, I hope you don't become a stranger.

Comment

• Ken Massingale
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Liberty, SC, USA.
        • Ridgid TS3650

This is a sad post, Dick. Take care of your health and please stay in touch.
        ken

Comment

• Ed62
          The Full Monte
          • Oct 2006
          • NW Indiana
          • BT3K

That had to be a hard decision, Dick. Sorry to hear you have to give it up. Best wishes for better health, soon. As others have said, you can still check in on the site.

Ed
          Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2005
            • York, PA, USA.

I hate these threads with a passion. I can't imagine how tough it is to give up a hobby that is dear to oneself.
            As others have noted, you don't have to have a shop to visit here. I wish you the best of luck with your health!

Comment

• drumpriest
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2004
              • Pittsburgh, Pa, USA.
              • Powermatic PM 2000

I am among the "sorry to hear that" crowd. I've enjoyed having you around, so I agree that you shouldn't disappear, and best of luck with your health.

I'd be interested in the DP too, but it's a bit of a trek to WA
              Keith Z. Leonard
              Go Steelers!

Comment

• movnup
                Established Member
                • Aug 2006
                • Seattle
                • BT3000

Dick,

I am sorry to hear about your health issues ... I had a pie in the sky idea if your health is still good enough and you would want to persue it. There must be at least ten active members in the greater Seattle area that would likely welcome your wisdom and experience on projects in their shops and also let you use whatever tools you wanted and / or fit in your exsiting gear into our shops to continue to make your own projects. I know from reading your posts that you did a lot of pen turning and I'm sure one of us would have room for your favorite lathe and all the accessories for example.

Just a thought but I know it would be very hard for me to sell everything I built up and go cold turkey on something I really enjoy and consider a life long adventure. I'm sure we could get you set up well all over town and I for one would love to share your wisdom and my shop space and keep your hobby going for a long time yet !!!

Comment

• Jaden
                  Established Member
                  • Feb 2006
                  • Trenton, MI
                  • BT3100

Being someone myself that has had to all but give up my favorite hobbies due to health problems I understand what your going through.
                  But, I would like to say that in my time here at bt3central I have seen so many people that are very wonderful sources or information and insperation, and I believe everyone here will agree that you have deffinatly been high on that list.

So, I on behalf of the others I would emplore you to continue joining us, and allow us to benifit from your experiance, alot of us don't have anyone close to us that have our interest in the working of wood. And we respect our online mentors and the wisdom they provide us.

Thus, even though you may not be actually working the wood by hand yourself, through your help, and your wisdom, we will all benefit. Mentors have helped the fine traditon of woodworking continue and flourish for thousands for years, handing down knowledge from father to son, master to apprentice, it is a noble calling, and one I believe you would be well suited for.

So, for everyone here I would like to thank Dick, and all the other wonderful people that contribute their knowledge and expertise to help others like me, that greatly benifit from your help.

Steve
                  "I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis." - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Comment

• mater
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2004
                    • SC, USA.

I also am sorry to hear you are having to give up your shop Dick. I wish you the best with your health.
                    Ken aka "mater"

" People may doubt what you say but they will never doubt what you do "

Ken's Den

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

Good morning Dick...

Ya can physically take a man's tools away from him... but ya can't take away the experience planted in his mind he gained wheh he had them....

Continue to post and share that experience with those that are taking the first steps on a long journey!

Highest Regards...

Comment

Working...