Clear All
  • eddy merckx
    Established Member
    • Mar 2006
    • Western WA
    • Shop Fox Cabinet

fully tricked BT3100 for sale

Have gone darkside.

I have a fully outfitted BT3100 for sale to anyone in the Seattle region. If nobody wants it locally, I will part it out. I am willing to make a great deal to somebody who is just getting started, though.

BT3100--a little over a year old
    2 rip fences
    2 accessory tables
    micro adjuster
    full accessory kit
    long table kit

complete package for pickup only--$300.

pm me if you're interested

Eddy
  • JR
    The Full Monte
    • Feb 2004
    • Eugene, OR
    • BT3000

If you'll throw in a Mercx EXM I'll drive up this weekend for the whole lot!

JR
    JR

Comment

• TheRic
      • Jun 2004
      • West Central Ohio
      • bt3100

Originally posted by JR
      If you'll throw in a Mercx EXM I'll drive up this weekend for the whole lot!

JR
      OK, I'll admit I'm fairly new to woodworking, what is a Mercx EXM??
      Ric

Plan for the worst, hope for the best!

Comment

• LinuxRandal
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2005
        • Independence, MO, USA.
        • bt3100

Originally posted by TheRic
        OK, I'll admit I'm fairly new to woodworking, what is a Mercx EXM??

I am guessing by the posters name and the other posters remark, he means a Merckx AXM.

In other words, $4800 bicycle
        http://www.racycles.com/rdf/catalog/...xm_3897045.htm
        She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• TheRic
          • Jun 2004
          • West Central Ohio
          • bt3100

Originally posted by LinuxRandal
          I am guessing by the posters name and the other posters remark, he means a Merckx AXM.

In other words, $4800 bicycle
          http://www.racycles.com/rdf/catalog/...xm_3897045.htm
          For a bicycle!!!!!!??????!!!!!!!!!

I got one a few years ago, I thought $125 was high!!!!!!
          Ric

Plan for the worst, hope for the best!

Comment

• eddy merckx
            Established Member
            • Mar 2006
            • Western WA
            • Shop Fox Cabinet

That would actually be a bicycle frame and fork without wheels or components. Fully outfitted would be more like $8000. Not bad bikes.

Eddy

Comment

• p8ntblr
              • Jan 2007
              • So Cal
              • Craftsman 22114

Does that price include Lance Armstrong pedaling for you??
              -Paul

Comment

• eddy merckx
                Established Member
                • Mar 2006
                • Western WA
                • Shop Fox Cabinet

I think Trek would have something to say about that. If you bought enough of them, maybe the real Eddy Merckx (I only adopted his name to use on this forum out of respect) would nod approvingly.

Eddy

Comment

• Ken Massingale
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Liberty, SC, USA.
                  • Ridgid TS3650

How dark did you go, Eddy?

Comment

• eddy merckx
                    Established Member
                    • Mar 2006
                    • Western WA
                    • Shop Fox Cabinet

I went as dark as I dared, Ken. http://www.woodstockint.com/Products/W1677/ I wanted this to be my last tablesaw. The short rails are the absolute maximum size that I can shoehorn into my shop ( for now). I will get long rails if/when I expand. Surprisingly, the footprint on this thing is no larger than the BT3. It weighs around 500 lbs but is pretty easy to move around on the mobile base. I still haven't wired in the 220 outlet, but I hope to fire it up today.

The cool thing is that the rip fence alone is about half the weight of my entire BT3. The trunnions are absolutely massive.

Lee is fixing me up with a set of splitters, so I can retrofit my Shark Guard. I checked first to make sure it was possible. That would have been a deal breaker for me, cuz I love my Shark Guard.

My wife is happy because the color matches and because I'll finally shut up about getting a new table saw.

Comment

• Ken Massingale
                      Veteran Member
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Liberty, SC, USA.
                      • Ridgid TS3650

Congrats Eddy, that's a heck of a saw.
                      But, I still have you beat on rip capacity! ;-D
                      till you get the longer rails that is. :-(
                      Enjoy, it should do all you need forever.
                      ken

Comment

• LarryG
                        The Full Monte
                        • May 2004
                        • Off The Back
                        • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

JR: Main problem I see with that bike is that it's FUGLY. And besides, if a Merckx ain't steel, it ain't real!

Ric: Don't be alarmed. Most of us ride cheap bikes, like my LeMond that only cost me, uh, $2000 ...

Eddy: Would you mind saying what that Shop Fox saw set you back?
                        Larry

Comment

• eddy merckx
                          Established Member
                          • Mar 2006
                          • Western WA
                          • Shop Fox Cabinet

Hi Larry

I think a true Merckx has to be Moltini orange with a picture of Eddy on the headtube. Downtube shifters too.

The Shop Fox set me back a hair under a grand plus another $70 for the mobile base. I was going to get a Griz 1023 but my local guy had this for the same price. He said it's a more deluxe version of the Grizzy, but it seems the same to me. I do like the white color better. Anyway,I was able to support my store plus avoid shipping. They even put it into my pickup with their forklift. Lucky for me, I got some buff kids from work to help me lift it out.

For anybody thinking of going this way, don't let the relatively low price (for a cabinet saw) scare you away. Fit and finish is totally acceptable on this thing. There is virtually no plastic or aluminum anywhere. Even the miter gauge weighs 3 or 4 lbs !

Eddy

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

Greetings Eddy...

It's the same as the Griz 1023 from observing both, IMO. Redmond & Son Machinery here in Atlanta had a floor demo they were selling (they clear all floor demo's every year) for $795. Just happened to catch it on their web-site and was going to wait till late summer to up-grade my BT 3000.

I was headed down that Sat. morning to buy a Steel City 8" jointer. I called at 9 PM when they opened and they had it. When I arrived at 11 PM there it was.. with a SOLD sign taped to it. Someone from a lathe class they were having bought it 45 minutes before I arrived. I am very seldom dis-appointed at my age... but missing a deal on that saw was a major dis-appointment.

I purchased my 8" SC jointer and one of the guys metioned why not buy one of the factory reconditioned Uni-saws they had (they bought 100 reco's from Delta) for $1100. That was more than I wanted to pay at the moment but..... since I had helped them sell BS's at the Atlanta WW Show two weeks before, they offered it to me as consolation for not having the Shopfox and the fact I had just wrote a check for a new SC jointer. $999 with a Delta mobile base thrown in just for fun.

I arrived home in my pick-up with a lot of heavy iron hanging over the sides of the bed a few hours latter. Greeted by my lovely as she shook her head muttering something to the effect of, "I send you to the store to pick up a jointer................". I knew I would live to see another day when she gave me a big hug and said, "Enjoy.. now get that iron off the truck and go make me something". ha.. ha...

So.... you got yourself a lot of saw there, Eddy. It is capable of doing a lot of work. Now... go make something and prove you are the right man to stand in front of it and guide it to the "promise land"! :>)

Regards...

Comment

• eddy merckx
                              Established Member
                              • Mar 2006
                              • Western WA
                              • Shop Fox Cabinet

Thank Sarge. I plan to give it my best. Congrats on the new iron!!

Eddy

Comment

Working...