This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SARGE..g-47

6" jointer for sale.. well maintained!

My faithful 6" Sunhill jointer is for sale. Approximately 4 years old but very well maintained. 1 HP motor.. 55" tables (one of the longest of the 6" class).. new set of knives just installed with a spare set thrown in.. HTC 2000 mobile base included........................ $225.........................

I won't ship it as truck freight will turn a bargain into not a bargain. But.. anyone within a 60 mile radius of Atlanta might get it delivered in my pick-up if they would pay for the gas.

What's wrong with it.... ??? Absoulutely nothing and it has preformed admirably for me. But there comes a time when you reach a point in your WW hobby that a larger jointer would take care of business with the large amount of rough, wider stock I purchase. The 6" will handle it on a doulbe pass and has.. but it's a time in my life when the sun, moon and stars align and I can get a heck of deal on a Steel City today at the Atlanta WW Show. :>)

Interested.. get in touch!
  • ScottGolden
    Established Member
    • May 2006

SARGE,

How did you like the SunHill Jointer? I am thinking of getting one with the Byrd helical cutter head.

My 100 eBay special is too much an issue to keep aligned. Blades, fence just about every thing on it.

So what ever wisdom you (or any others) may have on this tool would be gladly received.

Scott

Comment

• MadMac58
      Handtools only
      • Feb 2005
      • Norcross, GA, USA.
      • BT3000

PM Sent ...
      Cry \'Havoc,\' and let slip the dogs of war -- William Shakespeare

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

Jointer has been sold.... MadMack58 and his lovely wife Tiny are the proud new parents of a very stable bouncing baby Sunhill 6" jointer. The new "baby" was delivered by "Doctor Sarge" weighing in at around 300 pounds and 55" in lenght... Cigars will be sent upon request.

PS.. A big hello from MadMack58 to JTimmons in the great state of Oklahoma. He told me to tell you he got a "smokin" deal as I threw in a Delta mitre saw and a roller stand just cause I felt like it as he didn't have one... and delivered to his door to boot.. Doesn't get any better than that on a Sunday in Atlanta. ha.. ha...

Regards...
        Last edited by Guest; 02-04-2007, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• JTimmons
          • Feb 2005
          • Denver, CO.
          • Grizzly 1023SLX, Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by SARGE..g-47
          Jointer has been sold.... MadMack58 and his lovely wife Tiny are the proud new parents of a very stable bouncing baby Sunhill 6" jointer. The new "baby" was delivered by "Doctor Sarge" weighing in at around 300 pounds and 55" in lenght... Cigars will be sent upon request.

PS.. A big hello from MadMack58 to JTimmons in the great state of Oklahoma. He told me to tell you he got a "smokin" deal as I threw in a Delta mitre saw and a roller stand just cause I felt like it as he didn't have one... and delivered to his door to boot.. Doesn't get any better than that on a Sunday in Atlanta. ha.. ha...

Regards...
          I was wondering if it was him in another post, (you know where he called you a conartist)

So you met Tiny? She don't look like much to be afraid of, but don't let the name Tiny fool you. She keeps Mac in his place! First time I met her was out at one of our former supervisor's house. He was a salty old fart, but he knew enough to stay out of her way when she got going, I didn't think he could move that fast.

They're both good people, just don't interupt him during a race, it ain't pretty.

Sounds like you all are getting along, makes me kind of wish I'd taken the Atlanta option too.

P.S. If you feel the need to give anything else away, I could always use a nice mortiser.
          "Happiness is your dentist telling you it won't hurt and then having him catch his hand in the drill."
          -- Johnny Carson

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

Opps... I missed your post Scott. Sorry as I have going in several directions at once for about a month finishing table and chairs and upgrading some tools.

I loved the Sunhill jointer. MadMac58 loves it also from what I gather. Very quiet (have you ever heard a Delta scream?) and smooth running. MadMac got the jointer for about $50 less than I paid new and just over 1/2 what they cost now. He did good!

Good luck with your search.. Sunhill is solid and the price is usually right!

Regards...

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

Hey JT...

I just say yes maam and no maam to Tiny as I do to my "first lady" and haven't had a problem. :>)

MadMac seems to be enjoying it here in Atlanta. He definitely is enjoying that new 6" jointer. He called me after the got home and was tickled pink. Tiny called this week-end to see if I had the owners manual (which I did) and I offered them my Hitachi 10" SCMS as I have upgraded to a 12".

I wouldn't have wanted to have been in his vehicles path in his hurry to get here and pick it up. You think he was happy with the jointer.. Tiny gave him the OK on the Slider and he's gone to Tool Heaven. ha.. ha...

Come on down to Atlanta, JT.. Welcome mat is always out and I'll leave the porch light on for ya. Might even round up some left over bar-be-que. :>)

Regards...

Comment

• JTimmons
                • Feb 2005
                • Denver, CO.
                • Grizzly 1023SLX, Ryobi BT3100

I know they were talking about sending some of us Denver folk down there to meet the folks in Atlanta that we work with, not sure if that is still going to happen. If so, I'll try and squeeze a trip out there.
                "Happiness is your dentist telling you it won't hurt and then having him catch his hand in the drill."
                -- Johnny Carson

Comment

Working...