X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tryan15
    Forum Newbie
    • Apr 2006

WTB - Several parts

I got a good deal a demo BT3100 from Home Depot but it is missing some parts. Hopefully I can find replacements for these.

Specifically, I need:

1) The parts associated with the locking lever on the fence (parts 19-23 on page 6 of the parts diagram)

2) The blade height locking lever and crank (parts 32-35, 39, 74 on page 2 of theparts diagram)

3) Accessory Table assemby. I don't actually need the accessory table as I have a stand-alone router table.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tim Ryan
    Fargo, ND

tryan@weirdworks.com
  • gjat
    • Nov 2005
    • Valrico (Tampa), Florida.
    • BT3100

Try just calling the customer service people and explain the situation. Tell them the parts are broken so it should be covered under the 1 year warranty even if you did buy a demo unit. I don't think it will be a problem.

Comment

• tryan15
      Forum Newbie
      • Apr 2006

Taking gjat's advice, I went ahead and contacted Ryobi online. Not sure if this is of interest to others, but this is the coversation:

Your Question/Problem:
      I just purchased this saw as the last one in stock at my local Home Depot. It appears to have served as a demo model or somesuch and has some issues. The cam lever on the fence is missing (parts 19-23 on page 6 of the parts diagram). The blade height and angle crank is broken and or missing (parts 32-35, 39, 74 on page 2 of theparts diagram). And the Accessory Table assemby appears to be missing. What is the best way to go about getting this corrected on this saw?

Ryobi Response: (04/11/2006 08:34)
      Dear Tim,

Small parts can be sent, however, the accessory table cannot. If the saw was discounted by Home Depot, then you would be responsible for replacing the missing parts. I would suggest returning the saw back to Home Depot.

Best regards,

Sherry T.

Consumer Response
      One World Technologies, Inc.
      Your Response: (04/11/2006 10:03)
      Are you saying that you will replace the small parts under warranty if I ask you to? I understand the table issue and can deal with that on my own.

I would happily return this saw for a new one, but Ryobi has discontinued this product making it unavailable to me.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Ryobi Response: (04/11/2006 10:03)
      Ryobi HAS NOT discontinued the BT3100 table saw.

Replacements for the small missing items with the exception of the accessory table can be obtained by contacting Ryobi customer service at 1-800-525-2579 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. EST.
      ------------------------------------------

When I called the line I was told they would not honor the warranty for this product as it was sold at a discount.

So, I am back to needing the crank assembly, fence locking cam and an aux. table. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

• Stan
        • Mar 2004
        • Kalispell, MT, USA.
        • BT3100, Delta 36-717

Tim,
        Too bad I didn't see this message before the weekend. I just posted a Blade adjusting handle and gear shaft on eBay. (Along with another one for the BT300 that would probably work also -- minus the gear shaft).
        From the NW corner of Montana.
        http://www.elksigndesigns.com

Comment

• tryan15
          Forum Newbie
          • Apr 2006

I suspect I am the high bidder on that one right now (although I haven't hit your minimum). I will keep an eye on it.

Comment

• Stan
            • Mar 2004
            • Kalispell, MT, USA.
            • BT3100, Delta 36-717

Guess I should have looked at bids.
            From the NW corner of Montana.
            http://www.elksigndesigns.com

Comment

Working...