• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vinht
    Established Member
    • Jan 2004
    • North Andover, MA, USA.

BT3K In MA

I have an opportunity to upgrade to cast iron so I would like to see if there are any interested buyers of a 3 year old BT (I think, I will update my message as soon as I remember when I actually purchased). The saw has seen alot of TLC and has never moved. I do not wish to part out the saw and am hoping to find a local buyer. I'm in no hurry so if there is no interest I may wait and repost at a later date.

I'm thinking $300 for the saw, accessory kit, shark guard, original saw blade, and the shop-made accessories (outfeed table, router fence, table insert, ZCTPs). I think this is a fair price but I'm sure I'll hear it if it isn't.

You can see pictures of the saw at my website, http://vinht.home.comcast.net/.

Thank all,
    Vinh
    Last edited by vinht; 03-16-2006, 08:01 PM.
    A Woodworker\'s Journey
    http://vinht.home.comcast.net
  • kmk
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006
    • .Portland, Oregon
    • BT3100-1

Just PMed you for the accessory kit if you decide to part the saw...

Comment

• tropicaffair
      Forum Newbie
      • Dec 2003
      • Gloucester, MA, USA.

Vinht,
      I just PM'd you about the saw as a package.

Russell
      Russell

Comment

• hobkirk
        Forum Newbie
        • Jul 2005
        • Acton, MA, home of the original Minuteman - about 20 miles West of Boston

I just visited Vinh and his beloved BT3100. I didn't buy it because I am just too **** cheap (and I already have two BT3000's!)

But it really is a bargain at $300 in my opinion...

The saw is better than normal perfect - Vinh has REALLY dialed this BT3 in. The custom insert he made is quite extrordinary. His SMT fence addition is excellent. The ZC inserts are great. The outfeed table and router table fence are great. The SHARK is perfect. His DC system is very celever.

And, to ice the cake, everything is spotless and in perfect condition.

I recommend this saw to anyone in the NH/MA area looking for a BT setup.
        Doug Hobkirk
        WOOD LOON

Comment

• tokyofist

Sent an PM re: the whole package
          -dave

Comment

• vinht
            Established Member
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by tokyofist
            Sent an PM re: the whole package
            -dave
            Sorry Tokyofist.... Tropicaffair just picked it up tonight. By the way, it was a pleasure to meet and talk shop with Russ.

Russ - I'm expecting pictures of you new setup soon!

There's now a large empty space in my shop. I guess this will force me to make a decision on which saw to get sooner than later.
            A Woodworker\'s Journey

Comment

• tropicaffair
              Forum Newbie
              • Dec 2003
              • Gloucester, MA, USA.

I am now the proud owner of two BT3100's thanks to Vinh. It was a real pleasure to meet Vinh last Friday night, talk shop and pack up his BT for transportationin my truck. I was away all weekend and just unpacked the saw into my shop yesterday. I have a few ideas on what I'm going to do with two saws in my small shop - they will get joined together, I'm just not sure yet on the specifics. I have some time this week so we'll see what I come up with, and, yes Vinh, I will be posting pictures. Thanks again for everything, what an especially well cared for saw!
              Russell

Comment

• Oldpoopie
                Handtools only
                • Apr 2004
                • Hoboken, Nj, USA.

Vinh,
                Thought I'd give you a shout on here... Carin just bought me a BT3100 for our 4th wedding anniversary. Were settling into Oregon well. Talk to you soon.
                -Justin

Comment

• kmk
                  Established Member
                  • Jan 2006
                  • .Portland, Oregon
                  • BT3100-1

Welcome to Oregon!. I think you can keep your BT31K busy here because lot of lumber stores around...

Comment

• vinht
                    Established Member
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Oldpoopie
                    Vinh,
                    Thought I'd give you a shout on here... Carin just bought me a BT3100 for our 4th wedding anniversary. Were settling into Oregon well. Talk to you soon.
                    -Justin
                    This is the last place I would guess I'd hear from you! What a surprise! Glad to hear you guys made it to Oregon. Was my sister able to set you guys up or did you have to pay for your meal? She was rather new to the place at the time of your visit so I'm not sure if she had the liberty to do so.

Take your time setting up the BT. Call or send me an email if you have questions about the saw.

And happy 4th!

Vinh
                    A Woodworker\'s Journey

Comment

• Oldpoopie
                      Handtools only
                      • Apr 2004
                      • Hoboken, Nj, USA.

She treated us to lots of different desserts! Wow! she's incredible. It was great fun chatting with her. Her facial expressions are similar to yours, so it was easy to feel familiar. I'll call soon! (what saw are you replacing your bt with?)

Comment

Working...