• Show
Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Lexel Glue-Sealant-Calk

I went to the local hardware store today to get some silicone caulk and saw the Lexel sealant/calk, which I had never heard about. I bought some and it is some sticky stuff. Works well so far.

Any of you use it? Seems to have some good reviews on Amazon, but that does not always mean anything.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
  • Condoman44
    Established Member
    • Nov 2013
    • CT near Norwich
    • Ryobi BT3000

The product has been around a long time. Mostly used by large maintenance shops so it is sold by Grainger, etc.. Works on wet surfaces also.

Comment

• Tom Slick
      Veteran Member
      • May 2005
      • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
      • sears BT3 clone

Really good stuff but is solvent clean up only.
      Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

• Slik Geek
        • Dec 2006
        • Lake County, Illinois
        • Ryobi BT-3000

I used it seal a leaky shower floor pan drain from above. The drain was a nightmare to access from below. It did the job. It sticks better than other caulks.

Comment

• leehljp
          Just me
          • Dec 2002
          • Tunica, MS
          • BT3000/3100

I don't know how I have missed seeing it or knowing about it. I used it on some Dust Collector joints and it seems to be holding; and then I used it on a joint where I broke an acrylic pane just to see how well it works. I have never had an acrylic pane piece to have any strength what so ever when glued back with most other glues. While I did not apply pressure to it today, it was firm enough I could hold the whole pane by the broken pieces and it did not flex under the weight of the other piece. I was pleasantly surprised.
          Last edited by leehljp; 11-14-2020, 10:14 PM.
          Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

Working...