• Show
Clear All
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

WORX JawSaw

Any real experience with the Worx JawSaw? Woot has it for $79.99 and $5 shipping. Main use for me would be trimming and cutting up fallen branches for burning.

The reviews on Amazon are fair with the main complaint being the chain coming off. A couple of the reviewers suggested a way to tension the chain that solved the problem for them.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato
  • TB Roye
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Sacramento, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

I have one and for small stuff less than 4 or 6 inches, can't remember which at the moment it's fine. When the branches are on the ground it is easy to use, I do feel it is safer than a regular chain saw. It is on the heavy side when working over head, for me being 70 and not in the best shape. The long pole option is awkward to use with the heavy saw on the end of a 10ft. pole. I will be using it this fall when the leaves start fall to get up on a stepladder and do some pruning of some small branches that are too close to the shop and house.

Tom

Comment

• Charlie R
      Forum Newbie
      • Jun 2007

Manufacturer rebuilt are on Ebay for $69.99 including shipping. Also there are Worx and Rockwell specials at http://www.ebay.com/rpp/specials/up-to-60-off-from-worx

Comment

• Pappy
        The Full Monte
        • Dec 2002
        • San Marcos, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 (x2)

Looking at the ebay item pages, they are written almost identically. Makes me think Rockwell and Worx are part of the same company.
        Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
        Fools because they have to say something.
        Plato

Comment

• newbie2wood
          Established Member
          • Apr 2004
          • NJ, USA.

Both are brands of Positec.

http://www.positecgroup.com/our_brands/worx-garden

Comment

Working...