• Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

Originally posted by JoeyGee
    Took the plunge and picked up the +1 18v trimmer:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-One...i#.UYVUBLXigUo

and the +1 18v blower:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-One...0#.UYVUQLXigUo

I have been very pleased with both in the very limited amount that I have used them. The trimmer has plenty of power for what I need and actually performs as well as the 6+ year old B&D corded trimmer I have. It edged surprisingly well, too. I am still planning on keeping my corded for "heavier" jobs, but I will be plenty happy to use this one 95% of the time.

The blower is a sweeper only and should be marketed as such. I only bought it for clearing off the driveway and beds after I trim, and it should be perfect for this. I would not want to blow any leaves with it.

Both units are LIGHT and very easy to use. It's such a joy to pick them up, put the battery in and go.

Very happy.
    Congrats on going wireless. I see a battery trimmer as a real convenience to just pick it up and go. It's an impetus to do in between cuts trimming. I'm still thinking about the Worx, but you might have changed my mind, with the S&H charge for the free spools.

Comment

• Cochese
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by JoeyGee
      Took the plunge and picked up the +1 18v trimmer:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-One...i#.UYVUBLXigUo

and the +1 18v blower:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-One...0#.UYVUQLXigUo

I have been very pleased with both in the very limited amount that I have used them. The trimmer has plenty of power for what I need and actually performs as well as the 6+ year old B&D corded trimmer I have. It edged surprisingly well, too. I am still planning on keeping my corded for "heavier" jobs, but I will be plenty happy to use this one 95% of the time.

The blower is a sweeper only and should be marketed as such. I only bought it for clearing off the driveway and beds after I trim, and it should be perfect for this. I would not want to blow any leaves with it.

Both units are LIGHT and very easy to use. It's such a joy to pick them up, put the battery in and go.

Very happy.
      If you have your receipt, you may want to go get some money back with the redesign:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/2036459...e#.UZtlULVwrSg
      I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• leehljp
        Just me
        • Dec 2002
        • Tunica, MS
        • BT3000/3100

I bought a Ryobi One+ for my daughter last year and she has used it and likes it. I was there this past weekend and got to use it on her yard. I was not impressed at all. It would probably have been OK if I had not been used to my gas trimmer. It was too weak and only had about a 10 inch cutting radius.

For my daughter, it works fine and she is a little more patient than me.

I have not had a problem with gas powered units. My dad passed away in '96 and he had a three year old Ryobi gas unit. It worked every year when I came home to do trimming for mom - up until 2011. At that time I bought a new gas unit. Mine starts on the 1st or 2nd pull every time. I have a gas blower, gas hedge trimmer, gas weed eater, gas chain saw (Stihl) and by far the hardest to start is the Stihl, which is supposed to be one of the more reliable chain saws.

Gas models have more power and get the job done faster for me, but I do look forward to the day that a battery powered weed eater will have the equivalent power, dual string and get about a full hour of use.
        Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• JimD
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2003
          • Lexington, SC.

My list is shorter but my experience with gas powered yard tools is also favorable. I have a Husky trimmer, a replacement for a weed eater that lasted 7 years or more. I have a weed eater blower that was an inexpensive rebuilt and works well. I also have a weed eater steel bladed edger and an old McCulloh chain saw. I like the fact that the chain saw and the blower have chokes. I guess many people don't want to mess with chokes but I find it makes simple engines start more readily. I rarely use stabilizer and I almost never have problems. When I want to use one of these tools I put some gas in them (if it isn't there already) and give them a few yanks.

Comment

• JoeyGee
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2005
            • Sylvania, OH, USA.
            • BT3100-1

For what I have (average suburban lot) the cordless units have been great. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Now, if I had the experience/knowledge/patience to work with the gas powered units, I would definitely use those. As it stands, the closest to working with gas or gas powered equipment I want to be is putting gas in my car. That's my short coming, not the short coming of the equipment.

I still have my corded that I use for edging when it gets bad, but for the most part, the cordless have been awesome for just general upkeep.
            Joe

Comment

Working...