• Show
Clear All
  • Crockett
    Established Member
    • Mar 2003
    • Buffalo, NY, USA.
    • BT3100

Rustoleum Cabinet Transformations

anyone use this product to refirbish their cabinets? In the video it looks like a promising way to upgrade old cabs if you don't have the money to replace them. Of course everything on TV and in the demo videos looks good. Just curious. Here is the link if you haven't seen this before:

Cabinet paint and countertop paint are affordable alternatives to replacing bathroom or kitchen cabinets. Find solutions from Rust-Oleum Transformations.
    Al
  • pelligrini
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

First time I've seen it. Looks like a semi-opaque stain/paint for the cabinet product.

I wouldn't trust the countertop product though. Formica has problems holding up in my household.
    Erik

Comment

• Woodwerker
      Established Member
      • Nov 2005

I am using the cabinet transformations right now for my kitchen cabinets.
      I built the cabinets but had a major fail on the finishing. Maple was spotty and stain was uneven. I followed the directions with one exception. I used my ROS first then the deglosser. Base coat went on smooth and was very forgiving. Two coats then the glaze. The glaze the kit supplies was only 4 ozs. No where near enough to glaze the 100 sqr feet of cabinet area the rest of the kit covers. I called rustoleum today to ask if I could buy more glaze (their glaze is much thinner than standard antique glaze). They were great over the phone. Told me that they could not sell me a can of glaze as it is all in one kit, so they told me to buy another kit ($79) and fax them the sales receipt. They would cut me a check!!! I will post some pics when it is all done. Looks great so far!
      Last edited by Woodwerker; 01-24-2011, 10:53 PM.
      Every tool you own is broken, you just don't know it yet :-)

Comment

Working...