• Show
Clear All
  • TheChief
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2008
    • Kentucky
    • Craftsman 21829

What kind of drawer slide is this?

LOML had a little side project for me in converting a false drawer front in our bathroom vanity into an actual drawer. No big deal, thought I, and the new drawer itself was completed quickly. But I haven't been able to find anything at all like the original drawer slides in this thing, so now I'm a but stumped.

Hopefully the attachment will work so you can see the kind of slide currently in the other three drawers. As you can see, this one mounts to the drawer opening in the cabinet face proper -- not to the cabinet sides or back -- and is just deep enough for the rear roller to keep the drawer stable when fully shut or open.

Perhaps I just don't what it's called and having the proper name will help find a replacement. Otherwise I'll probably just have to rig up an under drawer slide that spans from face to back to do the trick. Thanks in advance for any ID on this sucker.
    Attached Files
    TheChief
    "You emptied the dust collector? Dude... some of my best work was in there!"
  • Black wallnut
    cycling to health
    • Jan 2003
    • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
    • BT3k 1999

What does the side of an existing drawer look like? I've not seen any such slide in any catalog I've looked at. If it was me I would remove one and try to find a manufacturer name on it.
    Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• TheChief
      Forum Newbie
      • Dec 2008
      • Kentucky
      • Craftsman 21829

The slide sections on the drawers themselves are basically a simple U-channel that fits over the rollers on the cabinet side in the picture. I've taken a look at them and haven't found anything other than a patent number and "15000C-x" where "x" is 1, 2, 3 or 4. But that gets me thinking....

<exercising Google-Fu>

OK, that patent was issued to Amerock in 1975, and the patent drawing matches what I have. Unfortunately, their web site doesn't list anything that looks like that model. The configuration of this slide appears to have been designed specifically for cases in which small drawers are desired but the drawer openings are too far from any side to mount slide rails to the cabinet proper.

I'm guessing at this point that this model is no longer in production... but perhaps it would be worthwhile to email the company and see if they have any NOS lying around.
      TheChief
      "You emptied the dust collector? Dude... some of my best work was in there!"

Comment

• Black wallnut
        cycling to health
        • Jan 2003
        • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
        • BT3k 1999

There are many options on the market for face frame drawer slides. Here is one that Rockler sells.
        Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• pelligrini
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2007
          • Fort Worth, TX
          • Craftsman 21829

You'd probably much more better off getting some different slides. If it were me I'd go with some full extension slides too. Like Mark mentioned, there are a lot of different options. A lot of the newer slides move a whole lot more smoothly than ones from 30+ years ago. There's quite a few around my house that still need to be replaced.

On one cabinet I retrofitted I spaced out some euro rails on some spacers fastened to the inside walls of the cabinet.
          Last edited by pelligrini; 11-27-2010, 02:57 PM.
          Erik

Comment

Working...