• Show
Clear All
  • Crockett
    Established Member
    • Mar 2003
    • Buffalo, NY, USA.
    • BT3100

Water in the dryer?

Something odd today when I opened the door to my dryer. There was some water in the dyrer like a wet load of clothes was removed before being dried (which was not the case), there was some water under the dryer too. I removed the venting pipe and it was wet in the area where it is connected to the back of the dryer. I checked outside and the vent cover is still in place so it could not be from rain. Any ideas on what could cause that or what to look for?
    thanks
    Al
    Al
  • sweensdv
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • WI
    • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Do you have a garden hose hanging from the side of your house that is close enough to the vent to allow kids to well..........you know what.

Comment

• JoeyGee
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2005
      • Sylvania, OH, USA.
      • BT3100-1

Is the venting pipe rigid or the flexible kind? Is there any way the moisture could collect in a low spot and flow back into the dryer? Is water condensing on anything? It has been VERY humid around here.

Maybe cold air inside the house escpaping and meeting hot and humid air outside and then running down the exhaust? Just thinking out loud.
      Joe

Comment

• Crockett
        Established Member
        • Mar 2003
        • Buffalo, NY, USA.
        • BT3100

Thanks guys.I have ruled out the neighborhood vandals, um I mean kids, but I think your thought on condensation could be it. It has been VERY humid here in Buffalo NY also and upon closer inspection the connection of the metal duct work to the dryer had some separation in it. With the central air running and the hot air and moisture trying to get through the vent perhaps that caused it. I cleaned the duct work out reassmebled and sealed up and all seems fine...for now.
        thanks for your thoughts!
        Al
        Al

Comment

Working...