Compost Tea?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • JoeyGee
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • 1509
    • Sylvania, OH, USA.
    • BT3100-1

    #1

    Compost Tea?

    Does anyone here use compost tea on their lawns? I saw it used on ATOH the other day. They use it at Hahvahd, and they showed roots from grass up to 8". I know they are pros, but anything close to that would be awesome.

    From what I have read, one of the great advantages is water retention and as a result, less watering and more drought prevention. Our water rates are high and getting higher, so I am very interested.

    As long as you have good compost, it seems to be a fairly easy and cheap process. Maybe I'll try it on a section of lawn to see if it works.
    Joe
  • Black wallnut
    cycling to health
    • Jan 2003
    • 5513
    • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
    • BT3k 1999

    #2
    I dunno... http://www.finegardening.com/how-to/...mpost-tea.aspx
    Donate to my Tour de Cure


    marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

    Head servant of the forum

    ©

    Comment

    • Uncle Cracker
      The Full Monte
      • May 2007
      • 7091
      • Sunshine State
      • BT3000

      #3
      I've seen grass with roots 6 feet deep, and without tea, so I doubt if tea is necessary...

      Comment

      • cabinetman
        Gone but not Forgotten RIP
        • Jun 2006
        • 15216
        • So. Florida
        • Delta

        #4
        Shouldn't the tea for grass have to be green tea?
        .
        Last edited by cabinetman; 06-07-2010, 03:01 AM.

        Comment

        • jking
          Senior Member
          • May 2003
          • 972
          • Des Moines, IA.
          • BT3100

          #5
          Aerating your lawn will stimulate root growth & help get water where it needs to be. Probably a bigger difference maker than what type of fertilizer you use.

          Comment

          Working...