I discovered a few days ago that the condensate pump for the air handler was wired illegally. The air handler is fed by 2-2-4 aluminum. The condensate pump is 115V. The pump hot was wired to 1 leg of the 220and the neutral was wired to the ground. The pump ground was not attached to anything. I put a plug on the end of it and plugged it into an outlet I wired in a while ago to plug lights or tools into if the handler ever needed service. The outlet is on the family room circuit which is 15A. The pump has a faceplate rating of 10A. The only other thing we use on a regular basis is a TV @ 3A and the box for the satellite, whatever its rating is.
So, should I move the pump to another circuit or am I just being paranoid?
So, should I move the pump to another circuit or am I just being paranoid?



Comment