• Show
Clear All
  • Mr__Bill
    Veteran Member
    • May 2007
    • Tacoma, WA
    • BT3000

I won !!

I have entered a number of on line contests, not only do I not win I really don't expect to do so, but it's free so I enter. Last week I learned that I had won the weekly drawing for a JackClamp and it arrived today.

The clamp is much better made that the others that I have seen and has a few interesting improvements, such as built in levels and the ability to clamp over things. You can also reverse the clamp and make a jack out of it by simply sliding the hand piece off of the bar and reversing it.

I haven't had a chance to do anything but look at it and clamp it to my desk, yet at this point I'm very impressed and not just because it was free. I'll be adding another one to my Christmas list this year.

Bill, on the Sunny Oregon Coast
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

That's pretty cool...congratulations. What site was it?

Comment

• Mr__Bill
      Veteran Member
      • May 2007
      • Tacoma, WA
      • BT3000

Originally posted by cabinetman
      That's pretty cool...congratulations. What site was it?
      Just go here and read all about it and enter the contest.

Bill, now to sit in the sun and eat my sandwich

Comment

• Ed62
        The Full Monte
        • Oct 2006
        • NW Indiana
        • BT3K

Congrats on the win. I guess I can't win if I don't sign up, huh?

Ed
        Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• avbclark
          • Jul 2006
          • Cottonwood Heights, UT
          • BT3100 and BT3000

I got 2 for Christmas

I got two Alpha Clamps for Christmas. Man they are great. Expensive though. I saw them at a WW show and said that to the booth person who turned out to be the designer / manufacturer and he showed me why they were expensive, and why I could not break them. I really like them.

Plus they are made in America!
          Last edited by avbclark; 10-16-2009, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• Mr__Bill
            Veteran Member
            • May 2007
            • Tacoma, WA
            • BT3000

I have been playing with my new JackClamp and am very impressed with it. One of the features that I like about it is not having to have the grip close to where you are clamping. Yesterday having to get in to the attic and not wanting to drag the extension ladder with it's assorted spiders into the house I set a stepladder under the scuttle and, as the ladder is too short to easily get into the attic, I reached up with the clamp and hooked on to part of the truss. The clamp acted as a handle to pull my self up. Not something any other clamp could do.

I found them on line at a more reasonable price too at QVC. At 30 bucks each with the base included the price is very competitive.

I'll do a tool review after I have had a chance to use it on a real project in a way it was intended to be used.

Bill,

Comment

• siliconbauhaus
              • Dec 2006
              • hagerstown, md

so are the jack clamp and alpha clamps one in the same?
              パトリック
              daiku woodworking
              ^deshi^
              neoshed

Comment

• Mr__Bill
                Veteran Member
                • May 2007
                • Tacoma, WA
                • BT3000

Originally posted by siliconbauhaus
                so are the jack clamp and alpha clamps one in the same?
                It would appear that at this point in time, yes. The Alpha Clamp is the first JackClamp. I expect that a new one will come out, perhaps called the Beta Clamp. I do hope they improve on the bar or pipe clamp next.

Bill

Comment

Working...