• Show
Clear All
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

Upcoming Vacation

I have 2 weeks vacation scheduled, starting Labor Day. The only travel planned is a trip to Wichita Falls to see my Step Dad with a day trip to Vernon to see my Dad's only living sibling, and then up to Amarillo to visit my oldest Brother. The rest of the time will be home working on a number of long over due projects.

I have been working evenings around the Playpen digging out some out of control Johnson Grass and other weeds, trying to clean the area up. I should get that finished up today and get the tiller out to break everything up for raking and leveling. I want to extend the wood storage area to 5' wide with wood racks on the inside wall and a plywood area on the outside wall, similar to Pelligrini's. The roof will be a bit low, but for a storage area, I can live with that.

The only other shop project, other than cleaning, will be to empty the Outhouse that contains the DC, compressor and short wood storage so I can relevel it.

I the house the main projects will be to replace the flex tubes in the AC system, check/retape the main duct for leaks, and FINALLY finish trimming out the Master Bath.

Gonna be busy most of the time! Might even slip in some time for some woodworking...
    Last edited by Pappy; 08-30-2009, 10:04 AM.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato
  • Ed62
    The Full Monte
    • Oct 2006
    • NW Indiana
    • BT3K

Whatever you do, have fun!

Ed
    Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• cabinetman
      Gone but not Forgotten RIP
      • Jun 2006
      • So. Florida
      • Delta

Your vacation sounds like a VERY tight schedule. A month would be better.

Comment

• wardprobst
        • Jan 2006
        • Wichita Falls, TX, USA.
        • Craftsman 22811

Hey Don,

Looks like you have a full plate but you are always welcome to swing by if you have a minute. I've done some rearranging since you were here last time.
        Have a great vacation!
        DP
        www.wardprobst.com

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
          The Full Monte
          • May 2007
          • Sunshine State
          • BT3000

Sounds like you are going to need a vacation to recover from your vacation...

Comment

• Thalermade
            • Dec 2002
            • Ohio
            • BT 3000

Have fun. Sounds a little like the two week vacation I just finished.

We attended our nephews wedding on the first Saturday, then got up Sunday morning and packed up and headed to Destin, Florida for a week.

Got home, and started working on all the summer projects I put off. The major ones were pressure washing and then staining the deck and rail, painting the garage doors, replacing all the brake lines and the rear brakes on the Jeep Wrangler , diagnosing the problem with the big screen TV (4 capacitors need replaced). I did attend one concert during the work week of vacation (Elvis Costello and the Sugarcanes) when a friend had to cancel (great show by the way).

Now back at work, kind of. When's Labor Day? I need a 3 day weekend!,
            Russ

Comment

• Shep
              • Nov 2008
              • Columbus, OH
              • Hitachi C10FL

Nothing like a little R&R.....Repair and Rebuild.
              -Justin

shepardwoodworking.webs.com

...you can thank me later.

Comment

• crokett
                The Full Monte
                • Jan 2003
                • Mebane, NC, USA.
                • Ryobi BT3000

That is quite a list of things you have to do Pappy. I don't envy you that list. Take a picture of the new and improved playpen when you are done.
                David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

Working...