IPE deck cleaner

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Rich P
    Established Member
    • Apr 2003
    • 390
    • Foresthill, CA, USA.
    • Powermatic 66 (1966 vintage)

    #1

    IPE deck cleaner

    After a fairly thorough power washing, it looks like I'm going to have to use a deck cleaner to get things in decent shape. In the past I've used Messmer's which works OK with some scrubbing and occasionally requires a second application. Before I head down that path again, I thought I would ask if anyone has other suggestions. TIA.
    Don't ever ask a barber if you need a haircut.
  • Hellrazor
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2003
    • 2091
    • Abyss, PA
    • Ridgid R4512

    #2
    I wonder how simple green would work?

    Comment

    • cabinetman
      Gone but not Forgotten RIP
      • Jun 2006
      • 15216
      • So. Florida
      • Delta

      #3
      What you do to the deck will depend on what you want it to look like. Ipe will get silvery withing 6 months to a year. It needs no maintenance or finish. If you prefer to keep the brownish wood look, pressure washing is usually the method. Penofin deck oil will retain the wood coloring with light applications as needed.
      .

      Comment

      Working...