• Show
Clear All
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

Water Hose Automatic Recoiler

I'm looking for a good water hose automatic recoiler for 3/4" hose with at least 50' - 100' capacity. Any suggestions?
  • Uncle Cracker
    The Full Monte
    • May 2007
    • Sunshine State
    • BT3000

I've got 2 of these. Works pretty well, but you will work up a sweat pulling the hose out fully. Time between battery recharges varies, depending on how often you use it. I probably use mine once a week, and usually recharge once every couple of months. You may want to get a couple of those "pulley-spikes" for retrieving the hose around corners or planter beds.

Comment

• MilDoc

Takes 5/8" hose, runs on water pressure to rewind. Works great! Had one for 5 years with no problems.

http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Powere...5657109&sr=8-5

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
        The Full Monte
        • May 2007
        • Sunshine State
        • BT3000

Originally posted by MilDoc
        Takes 5/8" hose, runs on water pressure to rewind. Works great! Had one for 5 years with no problems.

http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Powere...5657109&sr=8-5
        I had the 125' version of this one, Paul. Mine sat on my driveway, between the 2 garage doors, and what I didn't like was that there was no place to put the discharge water that flows when it rewinds, other than let it go right into the driveway. Made for a sloppy mess, and lots of tracks into the house that got me in trouble. And it quit working after a little over a year. Glad you've had better luck.

Comment

• sd
          Forum Newbie
          • Jul 2003

You might find something you could use on one of these sites:
          Hosemaster
          Reelcraft
          -- Steve

Comment

• cabinetman
            Gone but not Forgotten RIP
            • Jun 2006
            • So. Florida
            • Delta

I don't think I need a power out/in type reel, but maybe for that length I might. I was thinking just maybe a spring loaded return of some sort. I don't mind pulling the footage out, but handcranking the return would seem to be frustrating.

Comment

Working...