• Show
Clear All
  • chopnhack
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2006
    • Florida
    • Ryobi BT3100

Room Remodel

Ok, LOML has given me the honey do list and a short deadline (mid Jan) for a room remodel. After I rebuilt the entire house, 1.5 yr project(it took forever because i work full time), my former tool room aka guest suite known to my wife as "the room that time forgot" needs to be redone. On the list - wire up a central light/fan, hardwood flooring, crown, base, case, new doors and paint the room. Of course there is going to be some fine woodworking involved - there's an area left behind from where a 6ft slider was (removed when additional space was added) that I have plans on putting in a nice, small library system. More on that as the project unfolds......
    wish me luck, forget that....pray for me!
    I think in straight lines, but dream in curves
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

That sounds like a cool project. Since you have carte blanche it could be a lot of fun. You might make a list of all that you will do and priortize it so you have an order of what will be first and what's last. I've been right where you are. We bought our house about 8 years ago, a real fixer upper. Actually at the time it was what we could afford. House needed everything.

The closet part of your room is where you can get very creative. You can get all kinds of ideas here when you get ready for that end of it. Take pictures before, during, and after, they will make great posts.

Comment

• chopnhack
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2006
      • Florida
      • Ryobi BT3100

Will do Cab-Man. So far skim coated bathroom wall that was damaged by hurricane some years back, patched other various holes in bedroom, rewired 1/2 hot receps, cut in fan box, added 2x4 brace in ceiling, crawled through attic and cut line to receps and re-wired for switched central light/ceiling fan.
      And I will take you up on some design help if you have time. I have a master bedroom closet that I have sketched out but more ideas are always welcomed. I have 1/2 a kitchen pantry built and installed with the rest to follow as soon as this remodel is done.
      Thanks for your intrest.

12/18 - Replaced 2 outlets, 1 switch, installed pancake box, primed walls and ceiling, painted ceiling.

12/20 - Finished painting, all wall plates back up ready for crown.

12/27 - Crown done

12/28 - Floor prep, pics soon
      Last edited by chopnhack; 01-04-2008, 10:30 PM.

Comment

• chopnhack
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2006
        • Florida
        • Ryobi BT3100

I dont know if I will make the deadline, but here are some pics of the progress. Tomorrow I will recheck the floor for level to within 1/8" per 8 ft -manufacturer's recommendation - you would think NASA was landing in my room! Any patches will be done then lay down barrier/pad and start laying out the floor!

Before and After Pics:

Comment

• JeffG78
          Established Member
          • Jan 2007
          • Northville, Michigan - a Detroit suburb
          • BT3100

Looks great! I am remodelling my whole house too. Just when you are proud of yourself for finishing a room, the boss points at the next room on the list.

Comment

• chopnhack
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 2006
            • Florida
            • Ryobi BT3100

Good luck Jeff! Its fun, but tiring. Luckily this is the only room left for me!! After that its time to remodel the garage aka - my shop!
            cant wait either - some fine woodworking is calling
            (or at least my attempts at....)

Comment

Working...