• Show
Clear All
  • mschrank
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2004
    • Hood River, OR, USA.
    • BT3000

Originally posted by BigguyZ
    Good deal. I may look into this. I think my ceiling was probably done by the previous owner, so I'm probably going to just use my respirator and take the standard precautions.

I'm sure some will think I'm being ignorant on this, but I was thinking about this topic all day yesterday and came to the conclusion that you need to be careful when remodeling, but the hysteria about possible asbestos issues is a biot much to me. This stuff was around for decades and was included in everything short of breakfast cereal. If you are careful with dust- any dust- when doing demo, I think the majority of the safety issues are dealt with. So I guess I'll just roll the dice with this one.

Maybe it's because I have two little ones, I decided to be as cautious as possible when I did mine. The actual scaping was easy, but it took me about 4 hours and many square yards of poly sheeting to prepare.

Btw-The little ones weren't in the house at the time I did this (living with the MIL during the remodel ).
    Mike

Drywall screws are not wood screws

Comment

Working...