• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ssmith1627
    • Dec 2005
    • Corryton, TN, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3100

Scaffolding Sources ?

Have plenty of "outside" projects to get done.....need to rip down a good many facia boards and replace them and then repaint all of the facia and soffits on the house.

I can't imagine doing all this on ladders -- it seems like it'd be a lot safer to build even one section of scaffolding and just move it around as I worked. Harbor Freight doesn't seem to carry any. We have a Northern Tool place here in town (Knoxville) as well but they don't seem to have much. I've even searched on Craigslist just in case.

Anyone have any experience with it and how to get a couple of sections without spending a fortune ?

Thanks for any input.

Steve
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

Depending on how long you think this will take, you might consider renting them.

Some extension ladders can accept scaffold jacks, too. You setup two ladders
    next to each other, put the jacks on, then lay a thick board across.

Paul

Comment

• crokett
      The Full Monte
      • Jan 2003
      • Mebane, NC, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000

You can rent them and they don't cost much. I think my brother paid 40 or 50 a week when he rented his here.
      David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Hellrazor
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2003
        • Abyss, PA
        • Ridgid R4512

Check the local rental place.

Comment

• Tom Slick
          Veteran Member
          • May 2005
          • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
          • sears BT3 clone

how tall do you need to go?
          Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

• ivwshane
            Established Member
            • Dec 2003
            • Sacramento CA

I'm looking as well. I'll need to be able to reach the top of a window on a 2nd floor.

$50 for a week is a lot less then I was thinking, is that for something small or will that work for the height I need?

Comment

• ssmith1627
              • Dec 2005
              • Corryton, TN, USA.
              • Ryobi BT3100

I found a couple rental places but their websites don't really get you there. I'll have to talk to them. There are a LOT of different pieces to them -- like an erector set -- so it's hard to figure out exactly what you need.

I'll have to go by there and ask them some questions. But good idea -- just rent them when I need them.

I have a ranch house built with a crawlspace but with the yard sloping a bit, one end of the house will be easy and the other will get pretty high. I have to decide if that's something I really want to tackle or if I want to hire someone to just come out and do that for me. Bending, twisting, hammering, pulling, prying.......up that high......gets rather interesting.

Steve

Comment

Working...