X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thestinker
    • Oct 2005
    • Fort Worth, TX, USA.

Fridge / Freezer door seal

Hey are these things replacable? The appliance is in good shape, just the doors have a tedency not to stay closed. Is it the seals or something else?

Riley
    Awww forget trying to fix it!!!! Lets just drink beer
  • siliconbauhaus
    • Dec 2006
    • hagerstown, md

If it's not too old you should be able to order a new seal....we had a old upright freezer but it was too old to get the part.
    パトリック
    daiku woodworking
    ^deshi^
    neoshed

Comment

• sparkeyjames
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Redford MI.
      • Craftsman 21829

Those seal strips have magnetic strips in the seal itself. Just like those flat magnets you stick to the front of the fridge. Some times those things just lose their holding power. If the fridge is too old for replacement parts do this. Take measurement of the door gap and door size at the seal point. Next take tape measure to applicance store. Find a fridge that has the same or close to same dimensions. Get model number and order a new door seal. Cut off any tabs then super glue it on. Or try this place http://www.repairclinic.com I recommend this site for appliance parts. It's that or get a roll of duct tape ;-)
      Last edited by sparkeyjames; 03-25-2007, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• billwmeyer
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2003
        • Weir, Ks, USA.
        • BT3000

Just in case, you might check to see if your fridge is level. I usually keep mine a mite low in the back.

Bill
        "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in."-Kenny Rogers

Comment

• paulstenlund
          Established Member
          • Feb 2004
          • Puget Island, Wa.

I replaced one several years ago, You removed the inner liner (where the eggs, butter etc go) then slip the new seal between the liner and the door and screw the liner back in place. It was like the monkey and the football. The door lost its structual integrity without the liner it sagged and the screw holes wouldn't line up, a real wrestling match. Weeks later I bumped into a friend that is a appliance repairman and he had a good laugh - they take the door off and lay it on a flat surface and it slips right in. This was a old reefer so its probably easier now.

Comment

Working...