This has probably been done to death, but which side up w/ miter saw, w/ table saw, & w/ circular saw. Thanks, Joe
Cutting Laminate Floor
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
Tags: None
-
-
FWIW, I tried it both ways on my CMS and with the proper blade I can't see any difference in the quality of the cut ... YMMV"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn". by C.S. LewisComment
-
Without getting too technical, I always look at which way the blade turns-which dictates which side of the wood has the splinters after cutting!RuffSawn
Nothin' smells better than fresh sawdust!Comment
-
The way to remember it is you always want the teeth turning into the good side - any chipout will occur when the blade exits the work piece. I'm with Jscook on the quality/sharpness of the blade. I have one blade that will chip out and another better one where it does not matter.David
The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.Comment
-
Comment
-
In general (don't know if it matter for laminate flooring)
Circ saw - Good side face down
Table saw - Good side face up
Miter Saw - Good side face up.
As previosly stated, you want the teeth to exit on the bad sideLast edited by Stormbringer; 01-23-2007, 08:48 PM.Comment
-
To add - if you are going to put in on the floor, and not use for something else - like a countertop - it really makes no difference how you cut it. Cut edges are all going to be at the wall, and covered by baseboard/quarter-round.Comment
-
Comment

head like a sieve most days
Comment