X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HarmsWay
    • Nov 2003
    • Victoria, BC
    • BT3000

I assume you're getting the same heavy rains we're getting here lately. Is there no way to temporarly route the storm water from your gutters into the tank?

Bob

Comment

• paulstenlund
      Established Member
      • Feb 2004
      • Puget Island, Wa.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, we did the two person bubbly thing in the whirlpool several times (it had to go to the septic - permits). We are on the Columbia River and high tide is approx the height of the top of the tank but I'm sure we're safe now. It is REAL deep it was put installed in 1963 and I think they filled the lot after that so there is a lot of dirt over. I have a friend who is a pool contractor in Orlando and he tells of the "yankees" coming down from New York and draining the pool when they go back home. Cement pools would float out of the ground when the water table came up, tickled the locals to no end, that is why I asked for advice

Comment

• scorrpio
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2005
        • Wayne, NJ, USA.

Originally posted by paulstenlund
        Thanks Guys
        This is a 1250 gal concrete tank so it wouldn't collapse, float, maybe, water table comes up high. Washer goes into a separate gray water field, LOTS of flushes and a few whirlpool tubs (new addition couldn't go to the gray water field) will get it full. Hate to see the water bill, but you gotta poop.
        1250 gallons? Dunno about pricing in your area, but here it would add about $6 to the total bill.

Comment

• Ed62
          The Full Monte
          • Oct 2006
          • NW Indiana
          • BT3K

I was talking to a guy who had a septic and plumbing business a year or two ago. He told me that it is now code (in our area) that all waste water from the inside of the home must go into the septic system. When I told him I would rather see the gray water bypass it, he agreed with me, but said the law is the law. It just doesn't sound right to me.

Ed
          Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

Working...