• Show
Clear All
  • messmaker
    Veteran Member
    • May 2004
    • RICHMOND, KY, USA.
    • Ridgid 2424

brown vinyl guttering

My Mothers garage is looking a bit worn. The guttering she has is on the ground. It seems to be in like new shape. The hangers failed. I can't seem to find the brown ones to mach the guttering. Where can I find them, or is there another type that will work on vinyl that does'nt show?
    spellling champion Lexington region 1982
  • jziegler
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2005
    • Salem, NJ, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3100

I'm looking to put gutters on my garage (none there at all right now) and the HD here had vinyl in both brown and white, as well as a selection of the hardware and fittings, so I would imagine they should have thge hangers. They had an installation guide hanging on the shelves, and it showed a couple kinds of hangers that you can use. Some might show, others won't. I'd take a look at HD (again?) and look for the guide and see what you can come up with there.

Jim

Comment

• L. D. Jeffries
      • Dec 2005
      • Russell, NY, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000

I guess in KY you don't have to worry too much about ice/snow build-up in the gutters; maybe in NJ-yes. Anyway, here in northern NY I have gone to all metal gutters, being tired of repairing damage done from ice/snow build-up in the gutters. They (the hangers) just don't have the strength to hold up much more than running water! Money and time spent replacing various parts was more than replacing the entire system with metal one. You can get them in brown/white or if you want paint them yourself any color.
      RuffSawn
      Nothin' smells better than fresh sawdust!

Comment

Working...