• Show
Clear All
  • thiggy
    Established Member
    • Sep 2003
    • Alabama.
    • Craftsman Contractor

Entrance Door Unit

I have purchased a new entrance door unit (Jamb, threashold and door). It arrived with no instructions. I have installed several interior door units, but only one or two exterior ones. My new unit came with the brick mold unattached, and as I was preparing to nail the brick mold onto the door jamb prior to installing it, my wife asked should I not leave it off till I get the unit installed in the opening in order to properly shim the jamb. My recollection is that exterior door units are usually shipped with the brick mold already attached, and my thought is that I should go ahead and nail it on before placing the unit in the opening. Thanks, Thiggy
    SOW YOUR WILD OATS ON SATURDAY NIGHT - - - THEN ON SUNDAY PRAY FOR CROP FAILURE!
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Attach the brick mould to the door unit. Put the door in the opening - the brick mold will prevent the door from falling through the opening. Shim from the inside. Same way you do an interior door - there is trim on the the one side, you put the door in and shim from the other side.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• thiggy
      Established Member
      • Sep 2003
      • Alabama.
      • Craftsman Contractor

Thanks, David.
      SOW YOUR WILD OATS ON SATURDAY NIGHT - - - THEN ON SUNDAY PRAY FOR CROP FAILURE!

Comment

Working...