Clear All
  • SHADOWFOX
    Veteran Member
    • May 2005
    • IL, USA.
    • DELTA 36-675

Fence Install?

Hi Y'all

Just moved into a new house and the neighbors in the back and on our right side already has a fence so only one side of the property has no fence. When installing a fence how much distance inside of your propertly line can you put up the fence? Is it a foot or more? Greatly appreciate any info.

Thanks,
    Chris

"The first key to wisdom is constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth." -Pierre Abelard 11th Century philosopher.
    • Mar 2004
    • Northern NJ, USA.
    • BT3100

check with town

In my area, fence placement is subject to code where they don't want it certain distances from property line. For example, if I remember correctly, they don't want the fence within 2 feet of your front facing property line. And it can't be more than 3 or 4 feet high. For side and back lines, again if I remember correctly, fences are okay on the property line, unless a structure is within 10 feet, then they want the fence at 10 feet from any habital structure. If you have a corner lot, then the front fence requirements on the one side facing the corner.

I guess for the front its about appearances, side and back I guess is about not giving your neighbor a blackout.

so, check with town, you may be lucky and live in an area where no code on fences.

curt j.
    A Man is incomplete until he gets married ... then he's FINISHED!!!

Comment

• newbie2wood
      Established Member
      • Apr 2004
      • NJ, USA.

It depends on the code if you are intending to apply for a permit. Otherwise, its pretty much up to you but don't make the violation too obvious.
      ________
      Live Sex Webshows
      Last edited by newbie2wood; 09-15-2011, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Working...