X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • Mar 2004
    • Northern NJ, USA.
    • BT3100

Get Yerself a Fein Multimaster!

This past weekend I had opportunity to use my new Fein Multimaster more. I got it several weeks ago and didn't do much with it other than sand. Then I got a window project and man, this thing rocks. Sanding is fun, and the scraper works, but those e-cut blades for metal and for wood....fantastic! flush cutting, plunge cutting, all kinds of cutting. I didn't plan on using the thing, but got in a jamb and thought of my stock of tools and said to meself, hmm..wonder if that thing will do it. And it did, and more, and more as I thought about new ways to tackle the steps of the project. Makes me wanna try their grout kit now.

Well, just thought I'd pass along the virtues of this thing for DIY projects. Until you have one, you dunno the possibilities. Honestly, this thing just rocketed to the top of my list for diy type home projects.

curt j.
    A Man is incomplete until he gets married ... then he's FINISHED!!!
  • just4funsies
    • Dec 2005
    • Florida.
    • BT3000

"got in a jamb" ??? LOL... Now there's a Freudian slip for you...
    ...eight, nine, TEN! Yep! Still got all my fingers!

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

I have one also. I don't use it that much but when I do, it rocks. It does things that other tools only dream about.

Another thing it will do - it will remove a cast just like the doctor does and doesn't cut the skin! I know for a fact! Been there, done that!
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• WayneJ
        • Jan 2004
        • Elmwood Park, New Jersey, USA.

Ok, I'll bite. What is a multimaster? Sounds like the swiss army knife of roto-zips. Its one I have'nt heard of.
        Wayne
        Wayne J

Comment

• Mar 2004
          • Northern NJ, USA.
          • BT3100

A swedish dominatrix of several people!

That's what a multimaster is.

But I shouldn't let my personal life interfere with the topic.

Seriously, a multimaster is a whoseewhatsee thing of a contraption made by Fein. I think Fein is kinda like festtool, where the products are well engineered, particular in purpose, pricey, but worth it.

The multimaster here looks like a 4" angle grinder, but the head is not a disk but a spindle type thing that various attachments, well, attach to. I guess its trick is that instead of orbiting or rotating, it oscillates, it moves in front back motion. or something like that. so, it'll get into tight spaces and corners and yet work without vibrating against every surface. Only moves in one plane, or somehting like that. The value is in the attachments. Sanders, grout blades, saw attachments, etc. I dunno how many attachments there are, but gotta be like 50.

you can go to the website: www.feinus.com to learn more, but unfortunately the website isn't that good at demonstrating the product.

curt j.
          A Man is incomplete until he gets married ... then he's FINISHED!!!

Comment

• WayneJ
            • Jan 2004
            • Elmwood Park, New Jersey, USA.

Thanks Curt, kinda what I thought.
            Wayne
            Wayne J

Comment

Working...