PC Brad Nailer Question

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Gilbert
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2002
    • 35
    • Livonia, MI, USA.

    #1

    PC Brad Nailer Question

    The nose cushion came off my Brad nailer (PC BN125A, 1 1/4"). I know it is removable. But now that it came off, I cannot figure out how it is to go back on. It doesn't seem to hold onto anything that I can see. I must be dense. I purchased a new one, but I have the same problem. The manual shows the location of the nose cushion, but not how it attaches to the Brad gun. Obviously,I am missing something. Any help would be appreciated.

    Gilbert
  • Whaler
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • 3281
    • Sequim, WA, USA.
    • DW746

    #2
    That cushion must be an update on the BN125A, my BN125 doesn't have one and with the thousands of brads I have driven with it I have never had a mark from the nose.
    Dick

    http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/

    Comment

    • Tequila
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2004
      • 684
      • King of Prussia, PA, USA.

      #3
      I'll see if I can get a photo posted for you this week (sorry - very busy week for me) - I remember that the first time I tried to put the bumper back on, it made no sense whatsoever. IIRC, if you look at it from one end you'll see a slot. That slot fits onto a tab on the nailer. It doesn't look like it would lock in place, but it does.
      -Joe

      Comment

      • Gilbert
        Forum Newbie
        • Dec 2002
        • 35
        • Livonia, MI, USA.

        #4
        Tequila,

        Got it! It works! Thanks for your description. I had noticed the slot, but it was so much smaller than the flat pin that I thought it couldn't fit in there. I was afraid I would split the rubber nose cushion. It does "pop" in fine. Thanks so much for your help.

        PS -- This forum is great for help.

        Gilbert

        Comment

        • Tequila
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2004
          • 684
          • King of Prussia, PA, USA.

          #5
          No problem. I thought exactly the same thing the first time I popped it back on.
          -Joe

          Comment

          Working...