spraying rustoleum

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • markmt
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2003
    • 69
    • kathleen, georgia, USA.

    #1

    spraying rustoleum

    anybody have any experience using a spray gun with rustoleum. i have a metal shed i would like to try it on. all suggestions accepted,experience preferred.

    thanks
    mark taylor
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • 10490
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

    #2
    Not Rustoleum, but I have used Red Devil oil based, 1 part polyurethane in a gun, should be about the same thing. Cans say thinning is not recommended but I thinned mine slightly with mineral spirits (recommended for cleanup). Dry time is fairly long.
    Don, aka Pappy,

    Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato

    Comment

    • maxparot
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2004
      • 1421
      • Mesa, Arizona, USA.
      • BT3100 w/ wide table kit

      #3
      Yep I've done it! Rustoleum needs to be thinned to be sprayed. Drying time tends to be on the long side using regular paint thinner. It can be accelerated a bit with naptha. Use a good respirator in a well ventilated area.
      Opinions are like gas;
      I don't mind hearing it, but keep it to yourself if it stinks.

      Comment

      Working...