My First BandSaw Box

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mrs. Wallnut
    Bandsaw Box Momma
    • Apr 2005
    • 1566
    • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

    #1

    My First BandSaw Box







    My first box made out of pine as yet not finished.

    Thanks for looking.
    Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).
  • Stytooner
    Roll Tide RIP Lee
    • Dec 2002
    • 4301
    • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
    • BT3100

    #2
    Welcome aboard, Mrs. BW. That is a fine start on a bandsaw box. I haven't done one of those yet. I'll keep a look out for your posting in the Finished Projects section. [8D]
    Lee

    Comment

    • Chuck C
      Established Member
      • Dec 2002
      • 430
      • USA.

      #3
      That looks pretty neat. I hope you don't need that crow bar to open the drawer LOL

      Chuck C

      If the skipper heard you call that deck a floor he would throw you through that little round window

      Comment

      • lcm1947
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 2004
        • 1490
        • Austin, Texas
        • BT 3100-1

        #4
        I've never even seen one before but darn that is nice. Very impressive work there Mrs. Wallnut. Oh and welcome to the forum.
        May you die and go to heaven before the Devil knows you're dead. My Best, Mac

        Comment

        • Lefty
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2003
          • 874
          • Sioux Falls, SD, USA.

          #5
          So far so good! I, too look forward to a finished project!
          Welcome to the madness!
          Eric

          -Supplier of quality sawdust to southeast South Dakota!

          Comment

          • smc331
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2003
            • 1016
            • Charlotte, NC, USA.
            • BT3100

            #6
            Melissa,

            You been holdin' out on us? Lookin' good, Sis!

            (mumbles to self, "Gotta go get some shop time...)

            [)]
            Scott

            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -- Frank Zappa

            http://macbournes.com

            Comment

            • monte
              ***** Windbag
              • Dec 2002
              • 5242
              • Paw Paw, MI, USA.
              • GI 50-185M

              #7
              Nice work Melissa! Make sure you post more pictures when you get it finished.
              Monte (another darksider)
              Reporting Live from somewhere near Kalamazoo

              http://community.webshots.com/user/monte49002

              Comment

              • Pappy
                The Full Monte
                • Dec 2002
                • 10490
                • San Marcos, TX, USA.
                • BT3000 (x2)

                #8
                quote:Originally posted by Chuck C

                That looks pretty neat. I hope you don't need that crow bar to open the drawer
                Naw. Obvious she used it as a french curve to lay out the pattern!

                Nice work, Melissa. I gots ta finish this porch and get back into the playpen....[B)]
                Don, aka Pappy,

                Wise men talk because they have something to say,
                Fools because they have to say something.
                Plato

                Comment

                • lrogers
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2002
                  • 3853
                  • Mobile, AL. USA.
                  • BT3000

                  #9
                  I've said it before and I'll say it again, I've got try one of those things. You've made an excellent start Mrs. W, let us see again when complete so I can drool some more.
                  Larry R. Rogers
                  The Samurai Wood Butcher
                  http://splash54.multiply.com
                  http://community.webshots.com/user/splash54

                  Comment

                  • Jim-Iowa
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2005
                    • 769
                    • Colfax, Iowa, USA.

                    #10
                    Nice Job! that looks good!
                    I think it`s great that you and hubby are sharing the shop.
                    About 15 yrs ago, my wife got the idea we should build her mother a Butcherblock cart for the kitchen. She was right beside me through the whole project. She was not fond of power tools so I did that, but she liked the handwork and fitting. It worked out very well!
                    During that time Wood Magazine was featuring intarsia work by Judy Gale Roberts. She really liked that and enjoyed my scrollsaw, so has been doing that and is quite good.
                    The old scrollsaw has bit the dust and if I want to do any scrolling I am going to need His & Hers machines.
                    Sanity is just a one trick pony. Being a bit Crazy is a wide open field of opportunity!

                    Comment

                    • WoodPirate
                      Established Member
                      • Jan 2005
                      • 312
                      • Jacksonville, FL, USA.

                      #11

                      Hi Melissa,
                      Nice job and it's good to see somebody do something original. Just don't use the rest of your Gorilla glue! I have 5 original designs and will post pics when I get them done.

                      --==<< Steve >>==--

                      Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

                      Comment

                      • paulstenlund
                        Established Member
                        • Feb 2004
                        • 230
                        • Puget Island, Wa.

                        #12
                        Real nice !!! Where can I get a book on band saw boxes

                        Paul

                        Comment

                        • GPA61
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2004
                          • 712
                          • Rancho Cucamonga, CA
                          • BT 3100 & JET JWTS

                          #13
                          Very nice Melissa. Looks like Mark has some competition!!!
                          Claudio

                          Comment

                          • Black wallnut
                            cycling to health
                            • Jan 2003
                            • 5513
                            • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
                            • BT3k 1999

                            #14
                            quote:Originally posted by paulstenlund

                            Real nice !!! Where can I get a book on band saw boxes

                            Paul
                            Great Question! I know there are books on Amazon.com about BS boxes. Melissa has yet to buy any though. PAT (POPEYE) has done a step by step tutorial posted elsewhere, if I had the link I'd give it to ya. Pat is one of the regulars on Chat some evenings and most weekends. Ask that question on chat and I think someone will post a link for you to follow for both a book or two and Pat's step by step tutorial.
                            Donate to my Tour de Cure


                            marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

                            Head servant of the forum

                            ©

                            Comment

                            • crokett
                              The Full Monte
                              • Jan 2003
                              • 10627
                              • Mebane, NC, USA.
                              • Ryobi BT3000

                              #15
                              Mrs Walnut, that looks really good. I want to see it in the Finished Projects section soon.
                              David

                              The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

                              Comment

                              Working...