Where to find Boeshield T-9 or Bostick Topcote?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • lago
    Established Member
    • Nov 2003
    • 473
    • Lago Vista, TX.

    #1

    Where to find Boeshield T-9 or Bostick Topcote?

    Where can either of these products be found? Need to stop some rust on the jointer table.

    Thanks
  • Whaler
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • 3281
    • Sequim, WA, USA.
    • DW746

    #2
    I have seen Boeshield T-9 in my local Woodcraft store.
    Dick

    http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/

    Comment

    • Chuck In Oregon
      Forum Newbie
      • Jan 2005
      • 80
      • Cottage Grove, Oregon, USA.

      #3
      I bought my Topsaver Kit at Woodcraft, too. I bought a Jet jointer at a barn sale last summer and, as you might expect from being stored in an Oregon barn, it was pretty rusty. I had recently read a review of Topsaver in one of the WW mags and I decided to try it. It is one of those "nice surprise" products that works a lot better than you ever expected it to. I can recommend it without reservation.

      The other products get good reviews too, and I'm not recommending Topsaver over any other product. I am reporting my own real-life experience with one product that I will definitely buy again. I have been overseas for almost all of the last five months and I won't be home again until May. If the Topsaver finish hasn't lasted I'll report it here, but I don't expect that to happen.

      You can google Topsaver and/or Topcote or Boeshield T-9 and find some good reviews and vendors.

      Good luck.

      Chuck In Oregon
      Currently, Chuck In Tbilisi

      Comment

      • Armini
        Established Member
        • Feb 2005
        • 120
        • Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

        #4
        Lee Valley carries it, though I recall some shipping restrictions - ground only. My local BORGS carry it too.

        Comment

        • LarryG
          The Full Monte
          • May 2004
          • 6693
          • Off The Back
          • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

          #5
          Got mine from Highland Hardware, in Atlanta.

          http://www.tools-for-woodworking.com/index.asp
          Larry

          Comment

          • wassaw998
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2004
            • 689
            • Atlanta, GA, USA.

            #6
            I picked up a can of the T-9 at Rockler.
            Chris

            Comment

            • jnesmith
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2003
              • 892
              • Tallahassee, FL, USA.

              #7
              http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...=1,43415,43440

              http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPR...ARTNUM=821-322

              http://woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=984

              http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...0&filter=t%2D9
              John

              Comment

              Working...