• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phoneman697
    Forum Newbie
    • Apr 2003
    • Columbus, OH, USA.

My Lumber Liquidators wood Bundle

Here is a description of the wood that was in the bundle that I purchased today at the Cincinnati, OH store. This might be long but I want to give you guys the most info that I can. Keep in mind that not all bundles are the same.

I left about 1/3 of the bundle in the stores dumpster because the wood was junk (wormy, split beyond use, etc). What I did load, the majority was Brazilian Cherry according to the warehouse guy. It looks like mahogany in the rough to me, probably have a better idea what it is once its milled. Once I got it home and stacked and stickered this is what I have:

24- 7/8" x 10" x 7' long Brazilian Cherry
    24- 2.5" x 2.5" x 40" long Brazilian Cherry
    4- 7/8" x 5" x 7' long Brazilian Cherry
    12-15 misc type woods

The 7' long boards width ranged from 9"-12". I have probably arond 175 bdft of Brazilian Cherry.

The 7' long boards have nail holes 12" from either end and in the middle. Some boards are split more than half their lengths and others are split at only their ends, about 6" worth. Some of the boards show signs of being very wet. All are dirty and will need cleaned before milling them. I'm probably going to leave them stickered for a few months in my basement to get them stable and to a useable moisture content. I'm also going to buy a metal detector to check them before I start milling the boards.

I hope this info helps those of you who are considering purchasing this wood. I think it is a steal at $50.
  • mcgrath4u
    Established Member
    • Jun 2004
    • Livonia, Michigan, USA.
    • Sears (Orion Made) 22124

Thanks for the info phoneman. This will help a lot of people deciding whether or not to order. I will also post my "findings" when i get my order in.

Comment

Working...