• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oface
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2005
    • Whidbey Island, Wa

anyone from the jax area?

New here and in the market for a table saw. Been wanting a belt driven saw, and came across your site while looking at the bts15 and saw the suggestions for the bt3100.

Was wondering does anyone know if HD has any bt3100's left in the area? Or should go for the new 737228523 ?

I take it that the 737228523 is the replacement for the 3100? and at $299 , seems to be a good deal if I can not find a 3100.

Does anyone here now of anyone who owns the 737228523 , or you know where I might be able to find any info ? Googled it and came back nill...

Thanks for any suggestions,,,,,

chris
  • Popeye
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2003
    • Woodbine, Ga
    • Grizzly 1023SL

Hey Chris, Welcome aboard.
    I think the saw number you're talking about is just an updated 3100. With all the HD's Jax these day's it shouldn't be hard to find a BT.
    I'm sure there are alot of BTers down there in Jax. I'm trying to make connections with Wooopirate (aka Steve Westbrook) this weekend myself.
    I live up here in (North Jacksonville) ala Camden County Ga.
    When you find the BT don't pay any attention to the set up at the HD's. The stores are just about universal in making a mess of the set up leaving the saw to get trashed by customers.
    I've had mine for two years now and have used the dickens out of it almost every weekend. It's not a perfect saw but I've been making sawdust off and on for over 25 years and IMO it's the best saw out there for twice the price. Pat
    Woodworking is therapy.....some of us need more therapy than others. <ZERO>

Comment

• mrusti
      Forum Newbie
      • Feb 2005
      • Pooler, GA.

Hi Chris,

I'm about 2 hrs north of you in the Savannah GA area. I was just in the Pooler, GA store, and they have a couple of BT3100's. The model number is not very easy to see on the boxes. I also looked at the BTS10/15/20, but then ran across this site about a month ago. The consensus here seems to be that for a home hobbiest type (like me) the BT3100 is the way to go.

I'm saving-up and hoping for the free accessory kit offer again. It sounds like that happens once or twice a year (??).

I'm also keeping my eyes open for any used BT3000/3100's in the Savannah/Hilton Head area, but so far nothing.

I agree with Popeye (and others) that the way these saws are set-up in the stores is a mess .... if that was all I had to go on, I probably would buy something else.

Mark

Comment

• WoodPirate
        Established Member
        • Jan 2005
        • Jacksonville, FL, USA.

Hi Chris,

I think I'm in Jax. If the crowds from the super bowl affected your drive time getting to work, you probably live in Jax. I'm looking to find more woodworkers here, too. I'll send you an e-mail with contact info.

--==&lt;&lt; Steve &gt;&gt;==--

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

Comment

• oface
          Forum Newbie
          • Feb 2005
          • Whidbey Island, Wa

Hey fellas, thanks for the input.

Looks like I will be getting the saw here with in the end of the week by the latest. Gonna hit the 2 HD's on my way back home from work, Wells RD. and the one on 220.

Steve , I live between Orange Park and Middleburg, I work at NAS Jax, so fortunately the super bwol traffic didn't bother me , thank god

later ,,,,,,

chris

Comment

• oface
            Forum Newbie
            • Feb 2005
            • Whidbey Island, Wa

Well I bought the table saw and have it set up .

Now I need to get some casters or make me a rolling platform for mobility, cause this thing is a bit heavy all assmbled, any ideas or links?

Also any good dealers for wood/ lumber here in this area?

Thanks for the input/ suggestions.

Chris

Comment

• WoodPirate
              Established Member
              • Jan 2005
              • Jacksonville, FL, USA.

quote:Originally posted by oface

Well I bought the table saw and have it set up .
              Now I need to get some casters or make me a rolling platform for mobility, cause this thing is a bit heavy all assmbled, any ideas or links?

Also any good dealers for wood/ lumber here in this area?

Chris
              Hi Chris,

Congrats on the saw! If you like it half as much as I do you'll have a blast. As far as wood dealers, try Southern Plywood. They are near I-10 and Lane Ave. They carry cherry, walnut, etc. Prices looked good on their price sheet. Also, Frazier Millworks on North Main St. (2 miles southeast of my house). Franklin Lumber in Hilliard is a good bet. Dewey Franklin (owner) promised his prices would NEVER even approach those of Woodcraft.

--==&lt;&lt; Steve &gt;&gt;==--

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

Comment

Working...