Lumber Liquidators for lumber?(Alt source of wood)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mcgrath4u
    Established Member
    • Jun 2004
    • 205
    • Livonia, Michigan, USA.
    • Sears (Orion Made) 22124

    #1

    Lumber Liquidators for lumber?(Alt source of wood)

    Anybody ever use the woodworkers pack from Lumber Liquidators for 99 bucks?

    It seems to be a good deal. Im just seeing if anybody had used it.
    Thanks, John

    (product link)
    http://www.lumberliquidators.com/car...e&iProduct=105
  • RagerXS
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2003
    • 501
    • Brookline, NH, USA.

    #2
    This link doesn't work...
    ~ Fred

    Comment

    • plarval
      Established Member
      • Apr 2004
      • 212
      • Akron, Ohio, USA.

      #3
      I can't tell much by the picture or by the description really. Is it just a big hodgepodge of stuff? That's a giant bundle of wood for a hundred bucks, but it could be a bunch of 12 in. lengths of 1/4 whatever stock. If you call and get more info, please post it. I would give it a shot, but I've been bit recently by the old "You get what you pay for" addage lately.

      Comment

      • mcgrath4u
        Established Member
        • Jun 2004
        • 205
        • Livonia, Michigan, USA.
        • Sears (Orion Made) 22124

        #4
        the link works fine for me. Lumber Liquidator's website is slow, so it takes a little bit of patience. If it continues not to come up go to ... http://lumberliquidators.com/

        go all the way to the bottom and click on the misc. link.

        Comment

        • mcgrath4u
          Established Member
          • Jun 2004
          • 205
          • Livonia, Michigan, USA.
          • Sears (Orion Made) 22124

          #5
          I will give them a call tomorrow and will post info.

          Comment

          • daletour
            Forum Newbie
            • Mar 2004
            • 59
            • Portland, or.

            #6
            Hey thanks for the post John.I am looking for some hardwoods for my house and that does look like a good size pile of wood for $99..
            From another McGrath in Oregon

            Comment

            • RagerXS
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2003
              • 501
              • Brookline, NH, USA.

              #7
              When I go to the main site and then the Miscellaneous page, it shows a big bundle of wood and lists $49 as the price. I just left a message with them and I'll report back when they return my call...

              http://www.lumberliquidators.com/misc.asp

              ~ Fred

              Comment

              • RagerXS
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2003
                • 501
                • Brookline, NH, USA.

                #8
                Tried the link above again and it says this in the description:
                quote:Over 300 board feet of hardwood boards. Mostly exotics! May have splits / rough pcs. A GREAT DEAL at 99! Item P/U at store or we can ship any where

                Price per pack
                Wow! I think I might order 3 of them!

                ~ Fred

                Comment

                • RagerXS
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2003
                  • 501
                  • Brookline, NH, USA.

                  #9
                  OK, called my closest store and they said one would fill my pickup so I'm just getting one of these. Ordered it from the store, I will pick it up there and avoid shipping. $49 for over 300 board feet of assorted hardwoods...

                  Thank you, John, for posting this!!

                  ~ Fred

                  Comment

                  • LarryG
                    The Full Monte
                    • May 2004
                    • 6693
                    • Off The Back
                    • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

                    #10
                    Fred, please do post your comments on what you get.

                    I must admit to extreme skepticism. Three hundred board feet, for $49? That's 16 cents a board foot. And the woods are claimed to be mostly exotics?!? Shim stock at Lowe's or HD costs more than that! So I can't help but thinking you're going to get a pile of something not far removed from kindling.

                    But, I'd dearly love to be proven wrong ...
                    Larry

                    Comment

                    • jnesmith
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2003
                      • 892
                      • Tallahassee, FL, USA.

                      #11
                      quote:Originally posted by RagerXS

                      OK, called my closest store and they said one would fill my pickup so I'm just getting one of these. Ordered it from the store, I will pick it up there and avoid shipping. $49 for over 300 board feet of assorted hardwoods...

                      Thank you, John, for posting this!!

                      ~ Fred
                      Pics, don't forget the pics!
                      John

                      Comment

                      • mcgrath4u
                        Established Member
                        • Jun 2004
                        • 205
                        • Livonia, Michigan, USA.
                        • Sears (Orion Made) 22124

                        #12
                        I called the Redford Michigan store today and this is what they told me:

                        1) 90% are exotic pallets that are broken down after being shipped from other countries. (Possible nails and rough lumber)

                        2) The guy I talked to said they only had about 7 go through his store and he claimed some were all flooring(tongue and groove) and others were all of the pallets i mentioned above.

                        3) There is both finished and unfinished wood

                        4) "Slew of all types" is how he desribed the types of wood in it.

                        Thank you Fred for reporting the update on price. 50 Bucks Now!!

                        GO GET SOME WOOD!

                        Comment

                        • atgcpaul
                          Veteran Member
                          • Aug 2003
                          • 4055
                          • Maryland
                          • Grizzly 1023SLX

                          #13
                          Yes, please keep us posted. I considered them as a source of
                          lumber but the store rep reminded me that there'd be some grooves
                          on the bottom of the board. Subsequently, I'd have to plane them
                          down and then I'd only be at 1/2" when I was done. Maybe this
                          big back doesn't have the grooves.

                          Paul

                          Comment

                          • AAJIII
                            Established Member
                            • Jan 2003
                            • 306
                            • WANAQUE, NJ, USA.
                            • Steel City 10" table saw

                            #14
                            Just ordered two pallets @ $49.00 ea. great deal

                            Thank You John.[^]
                            AL JEWELL

                            Comment

                            • RagerXS
                              Senior Member
                              • Feb 2003
                              • 501
                              • Brookline, NH, USA.

                              #15
                              I'm guessing it is likely a mix of broken down pallet components and scrap flooring, treads, risers, etc. I'm sure I'll get $49 worth...

                              ~ Fred

                              Comment

                              Working...