• Show
Clear All
  • JR
    The Full Monte
    • Feb 2004
    • Eugene, OR
    • BT3000

quote:Originally posted by ElRay

I'll add another tick to the IT tally. Like Pete, almost all of our business is web enabling existing systems.

Ray
    And I wish you guys would cut it out! Several of our application at work have gone to browser front ends. None of them were better for having made the change.

I've been a big proponent of web-abled interfaces on embedded systems, where the user community is likely to vary from windows-based to a variety of unix flavors. The business community is owned by Wintel, though. Browser interfaces just get in the way IMO.

AND ANOTHER THING.....

Oops, soapbox off.

JR
    JR

Comment

• PeteFohl
      Forum Newbie
      • Dec 2004
      • Solvang, Ca, USA.

I wish we would cut it out, too. Do you have any idea how much of a PITA it is to make a complicated, desk-top style UI work inside a browser?!?!? I miss C++...

Sorry, I need to go to the garage and make sawdust...

Nothing is obvious to the uninformed.

Comment

• kenshep
        Forum Newbie
        • Dec 2004
        • Lutz, FL, USA.
        • BT3K

Welcome Raj,
        Congratulations on the new addition and welcome. I work for big blue, so we probably have similar stories about work. I've been managing more than doing lately, but I dabble at home.
        c u on the forum!
        Ken

BT3K Born on date: Year 92 Week 37

Comment

• gugie
          Established Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Redwood City, CA, USA.
          • BT3000

quote:Originally posted by r1968

Any of you guys in the Silicon valley. May be we can try a get together during the woodworking show in Santa Clara Convention center in April (I think)

Raj
          I'm in! Several other "gatherings" have taken place over the past few years, but nothing in the Bay Area.

We should make a "call-out" for the greater Bay Area, including Sacramento, Modesto, etc. I'll start a new thread.

Comment

Working...