• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shep
    • Nov 2008
    • Columbus, OH
    • Hitachi C10FL

Etsy

I saw some old threads about this site for selling handmade items. I am thinking about making a go at producing some items to sell here. Didn't know if anyone has any recent success (or failures) with this site.

Find the perfect handmade gift, vintage & on-trend clothes, unique jewelry, and more… lots more.
    Last edited by Shep; 04-29-2010, 03:02 PM.
    -Justin

shepardwoodworking.webs.com

...you can thank me later.
  • herb fellows
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • New York City
    • bt3100

I've never sold from there, but I have bought the occasional item there. Always worked out fine, I think they are a good value website.
    You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• Crockett
      Established Member
      • Mar 2003
      • Buffalo, NY, USA.
      • BT3100

I have been a member there for about 3 years. I have not had as much success as I have had selling on e-bay. They are certainly more cost effective than e-bay but it seems like the majority of things for sale there are jewlery, women's cothing and accessories. I am not sure what you are interested in selling, but there are woodworkers there. I continue to list things there and am happy with an occasional sale. It certainly is worth a try.
      Al

Comment

• pecker
        Established Member
        • Jun 2003

I looked through the woodworking section at items one might typically try to make and sell..jewelry boxes and cutting boards. There was an awful lot of competition, with many listing for under $100.

If you have even just a couple of hours into a project, it doesn't seem too likely to pay off.
        Most all of the things I've managed to sell (not on etsy) have been "made to order", where someone needs a specific "thing" that can't be bought, and isn't worth the time for a professional to take on at reasonable cost.

Comment

• BigguyZ
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2006
          • Minneapolis, MN
          • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

I tried to sell a couple of pens on the site. I didn't get any views or bites. Also, there's guys on there selling a whole sad story about dying children and such. I'm a single guy who's healthy, so I can't compete with those sob stories....

Comment

• Bruce Cohen
            Veteran Member
            • May 2003
            • Nanuet, NY, USA.
            • BT3100

Yup,

I checked it out last week. Prices are too low for me to even break even. The design and model time it takes me prior to building a jewelry box is way more than the $100.00 that the better boxes sell for.

Not a bad site though. They do have some cool stuff

Bruce
            "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
            Samuel Colt did"

Comment

Working...