X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • katesmate

Ryobi saw

Hi guys,
    I am from down under, looking at purchasing the Ryobi ets1526al bench saw,cant find any reviews etc of it,anybody any experience with it, it suits my budget cant afford the $900 for the bts saw. I will only be cutting mostly 3/4" stock as I am working from 2 car garage,cant seem to find anything available that is a small saw that can handle this work.Your advice would be appreciated.
  • Uncle Cracker
    The Full Monte
    • May 2007
    • Sunshine State
    • BT3000

The number in your post (ets15) doesn't ring home for me, but BTS15 does. If that's what you're actually looking at, my advice would be to save your money, and wait for something different.

Comment

• cwsmith
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2005
      • NY Southern Tier, USA.
      • BT3100-1

Katesmate,

Welcome to the BT3Central forum!

The Ryobi Ets-1526al model saw is not available here in the U.S., to my knowledge. I did a quick Google search and found this as one of the first links:

We stock a huge range of tools and accessories including hand tools, power tools, garden tools, automotive tools, plumbing tools and work wear. All major brands of tools at low prices.

Perhaps one of the international forum members may have some familiarity.

Sorry this isn't more helpful,

CWS
      Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
        The Full Monte
        • May 2007
        • Sunshine State
        • BT3000

Originally posted by cwsmith
        The Ryobi Ets-1526al model saw is not available here in the U.S., to my knowledge. I did a quick Google search and found this as one of the first links:

http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp...Table-Saw-240v
        Following that link, the photo does look just like the BTS-15 (perhaps the ETS is the international version). It's not a great saw, and adjustments for accuracy are difficult to impossible.

Comment

• Daryl
          • May 2004

Looks like the BTS 10 something to me.
          If you have the patience and time to double check your cuts it will probably work out for light hobby work.
          You probably wouldn't have to worry about shims falling out or belts breaking.
          Sometimes the old man passed out and left the am radio on so I got to hear the oldie songs and current event kind of things

Comment

• cwsmith
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2005
            • NY Southern Tier, USA.
            • BT3100-1

UncleCracker,

You are right of course... I couldn't find the BTS15 on the Ryobi site, (apparently it is no longer available here).

I guess I better bone-up on my Spotter's Guide to Ryobi table saws!

CWS
            Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
              The Full Monte
              • May 2007
              • Sunshine State
              • BT3000

Originally posted by cwsmith
              I guess I better bone-up on my Spotter's Guide to Ryobi table saws!
              Easier than it looks... If it ain't a BT3000 or BT3100, just fahgeddabahdit...

Comment

Working...