DIY portable table saw stand plans for Craftsman 21828 / Ridgid R4516 ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zappacat
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2010
    • Lawrence, Kansas USA

DIY portable table saw stand plans for Craftsman 21828 / Ridgid R4516 ?

I finally got the cash together for my new table saw and I need to build a stand for it. I bought a Craftsman 21828 / 921828 which is the same saw made by the same company that makes the Ridgid portable R4516 (TTI/Ryobi). A new pre-built one is too expensive for me right now. I just need something stable for now.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to some plans for a DIY stand? I know it may sound simple but I'd like to get the stand right the first time so I can get on to cutting wood. Thanks in advance.
    I put my pants on just like the rest of you - one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I make gold records!

OzFloyd
  • Mr__Bill
    Veteran Member
    • May 2007
    • Tacoma, WA
    • BT3000

Ray in the UK has a nice set of instructions on making a really nice mobile table saw cabinet. They are located here.

Bill
    heavy fog two days in a row, summer must be coming.

Comment

• Zappacat
      Forum Newbie
      • Feb 2010
      • Lawrence, Kansas USA

Originally posted by Mr__Bill
      Ray in the UK has a nice set of instructions on making a really nice mobile table saw cabinet. They are located here.

Bill
      heavy fog two days in a row, summer must be coming.
      WOW ! That's a serious DIY portable table saw stand !! Thanks for your information. This is way too over the top for me right now. I should have clarified in my initial post that I need to keep this assembly portable enough to load in and out of the back of my Jeep Cherokee. Thanks for the link. It was an interesting and impressive read.
      I put my pants on just like the rest of you - one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I make gold records!

OzFloyd

Comment

• pelligrini
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2007
        • Fort Worth, TX
        • Craftsman 21829

Before I got my craftsman 21829 with it's own gravity rise stand. I used to clamp my POS 10" Skill bench saw on top of a workmate 225. It made for a pretty stable stand with the splayed legs.
        Erik

Comment

• iceman61
          • Oct 2007
          • West TN
          • Bosch 4100-09

Here is a good one that I ran across a couple of years ago. Pretty sweet if you don't have much space.

Comment

• Norm in Fujino
            • Dec 2002
            • Fujino-machi, Kanagawa-ken, Japan.
            • Ryobi BT-3000

Another one

==========
            ". . . and only the stump, or fishy part of him remained."
            Green Gables: A Contemplative Companion to Fujino Township

Comment

Working...