• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shoottx
    Veteran Member
    • May 2008
    • Plano, Texas
    • BT3000

First, welcome aboard. This is a great site with wonderful folks.

Second, if you are a user of a BT3k or some variant, this place is chock full of information and knowledgeable people.

There are several sources of information;

Send Loring Chien (LChien) a PM (with your e-mail address) for a copy of the BT3 FAQ

Look here for a bunch of helpful hints http://www.bt3central.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Look at these archives for a wealth of information http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=28720

Add use the search feature to research any topic, there is a wealth of information already recorded.

And last but not least ask a question. You will get answers, ranging from expert advice to silly comments but all in good form and spirit.

Mike

Comment

• poolhound
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2006
      • Phoenix, AZ
      • BT3100

Welcome Bubba,

You have come to the right place to find anything you ever wanted to know about the the BT3XXX or its clones plus loads more.

I have had my BT3100 for over 3 years and its a great little saw. I got mine as HD were stopping the line so got a great deal and loads of value for money. The Sears version is now a little more pricey but still great value. If you are patient you can find used BTs on Craigslist pretty regularly.

I have use mine to make lots of things including some fine furniture. as OPs have said with a good setup and a variety of jigs and sleds you can get this saw to do everything you would want.

The only real complaints that I have (my issues not the saws) are power and table surface. One day I would like to upgrade to a great cabinet saw but I first need a dedicated space and $1000+

Not sure about your exact shop setup but may of us work out of garages and have found ways to eek out every last sq inch. You will be surprised at how much you can fit in once you get creative with moveable tools, tables, carts and storgae. CHeck out some of the workshop threads and you will see what the rest of us do to us space efficiently.

I started with the router in my table but found it worked better for me to have a dedicated router table. Its a great way to start and as you figure out your own way of working and ideal shop setup you will evolve.
      Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
      techzibits.com

Comment

Working...