This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GrosBoB

What portable tablesaw should I buy ?

Considering the small place available, I want to buy a portable tablesaw but I'm hesitating between 2 models : Craftsman 21829 ( similar to ex-Ryobi BT3100 ) costing 399$ and Craftsman 21206 ( Ryobi BST21 ) costing 249$. Is the 21829 model worth the additional 150$ asked by Sears ? What are the major differences between these 2 models ? What else can I do with the 21809 that I can not with the other model ? Is the 21206 model good, solid and well constructed enough ? The saw won't be used for construction or major house renovations but for crafts and small house projects. All commentaries are welcomed !
  • steve-norrell
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2006
    • The Great Land - Alaska
    • BT3100-1

Hands down for the 21829 (BT3100 clone). The differences are many and well documented on this forum -- do a search for 21829.

If you are even half serious about woodworking you will quickly become disenchanted with the BST21 clone.

Best solution would be to find a used BT3100. They are occasionally listed for sale on this forum and you might try Craigslist. Failing that, the 21829 is a good choice and can be had at sale prices every once in a while from Sears.

Regards, Steve

Comment

• Cheeky
      • Nov 2006
      • westchester cty, new york
      • Ridgid TS2400LS

GrosBoB,

you'll get a lot of recommendations for the 21829 here. Don't have one, but I will say this: YOU ARE A FOOL IF YOU PAY $449 FOR THIS SAW

I say this only because you can easily save at least $100 if you are just patient. wait for it to go on sale, and time it right, and you can get an extra 10% off when Sears offers VIP discounts online (you can order it online for in-store pick-up)

you should also sign-up for the Craftsman Club. I just added that saw to my cart, after signing in to sears.com with my CC login info, and it deducted $45 off.
      Pete

Comment

• jonmnelson
        Forum Newbie
        • Oct 2007
        • Long Beach, CA
        • Craftsman 21829/Jet 708100 (don't ask)

Originally posted by Cheeky
        GrosBoB,

you'll get a lot of recommendations for the 21829 here. Don't have one, but I will say this: YOU ARE A FOOL IF YOU PAY $449 FOR THIS SAW

I say this only because you can easily save at least $100 if you are just patient. wait for it to go on sale, and time it right, and you can get an extra 10% off when Sears offers VIP discounts online (you can order it online for in-store pick-up)

you should also sign-up for the Craftsman Club. I just added that saw to my cart, after signing in to sears.com with my CC login info, and it deducted $45 off.
        I got my 21829 for $350. They seem to go on sale frequently.

Comment

• Cheeky
          • Nov 2006
          • westchester cty, new york
          • Ridgid TS2400LS

it's onsale for $349 today...you didn't have to wait long.

if you're a Craftsman Club member, it's $315.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00921829000P
          Pete

Comment

Working...