X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • siliconbauhaus
    • Dec 2006
    • hagerstown, md

DC question

My router table has a dc port in the lower part and a dc port behind the cutter. I use a shop vac with a cyclone lid on a 5 gallon bucket (got to start somewhere)

I want to connect to both of them so I was wondering about getting some pvc pipe to be able to connect to both while using only one hose. Has anyone done something like this before? It seems like it would work but maybe I've missed something.
    パトリック
    daiku woodworking
    ^deshi^
    neoshed
  • JimD
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2003
    • Lexington, SC.

I suction from the router chamber of my router table and also from the fence. I have a Y connection to the 4 inch DC hose to go both places. I do not see why you couldn't do something similar with a shop vac - probably want to use 2 1/2 inch flex pipe.

Jim

Comment

• vaking
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2005
      • Montclair, NJ, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3100-1

I would not. The critical part is to have enough air flow to collect at 2 points at once. Shopvac creates plenty of air pressure but not much air flow and that is not the same. Trying to split the hose on shopvac is not likely to give good result - you need dust collector for it. For analogy - try to use tire inflator instead of air compressor - plenty of pressure but not enough volume.
      Alex V

Comment

Working...